posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Post by Omphalos »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Crysknife wrote:I used to frequent in the SyFy channel Bboards when they were making the first Dune.
Scifi.com/dune :) That was ages ago :P
I found those posts a while ago. They had the original URL for Arrakeen in them.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Superdog is asking for a ban: http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... 0778#70778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... 0777#70777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Forgot a good one, their first post: http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... 0775#70775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Better send them an invite by PM while you still can! :)

(Byron's "Let what end?" is perfect, isn't it? Dumbfuck can't read. Or is that him trying to slyly draw out the other so he can ban him? :roll: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

copypasta, plz- IP ban &etc.

mmm'kay?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry. Here ya go. Looks like he's posted again since I looked earlier.
On Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 8:49 pm, in thread 'Should I get this book', Superdog (Joined: 28 Jan 2010) wrote:I find the "mid-eqels" to be the worst of the Expanded Duniverse. (I've read them all)

Both Paul and Winds are saddled with what are basically unneccesary side plots of the "Wacky Misadventures of Young Paul Atriedes".

Theoritically there are interesting things that could be explored (how the jihad started, what happens to Gurney and Jessica etc) and these are touched on briefly. Most of the plot is devoted to the building of Paul's palace, and a pair of assasination attempts that we know will fail. There really is no "progression".

After a failed rebellion Paul decides to sterilize x,y and z planets, presumably killing hundreds of millions of innocent people. His reasoning is just that he's mad cuz the guy was going to attack Caladan.

Paul spends almost the entire book of Dune fearing the coming of the Jihad. At one point he views Jessica as his enemy, because she created him and he will create the Jihad. He considers that to stop the Jihad he would basically have to kill everyone is Sietch Tabr, his mom, his sister, Chani, Stilgar etc etc. He isn't willing to do this.

None of this really comes across in Paul of Dune.
On Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:58 pm, in thread 'Sandworms - IF THE BOOK WERE LONGER...', Superdog wrote:
arnoldo wrote:
Nebiros wrote:Is this REALLY what Frank Herbert had in mind?
At the end of CH:D, Scytale had a nullentropy tube of cells of all of the gholas you mentioned so FH probably had in mind their return in Dune 7.

The gholas never seem to serve any point in the storyline. An editor could have taken out the Waff ghola, the sea spice, the Baron Harkonenn ghola, the Alia ghola, stilgar and Kynes gholas along with the entire planet of Qelso and nothing would have changed about the main storyline.
In same thread on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:14 am, Superdog wrote:
Tleszer wrote:
Superdog wrote:
arnoldo wrote:
Nebiros wrote:Is this REALLY what Frank Herbert had in mind?
At the end of CH:D, Scytale had a nullentropy tube of cells of all of the gholas you mentioned so FH probably had in mind their return in Dune 7.
The gholas never seem to serve any point in the storyline. An editor could have taken out the Waff ghola, the sea spice, the Baron Harkonenn ghola, the Alia ghola, stilgar and Kynes gholas along with the entire planet of Qelso and nothing would have changed about the main storyline.
Glad to know that there's some intelligence here. arnoldo and Duke Leto1994 sure could have fooled me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cast Out will probably be more to your liking, Superdog.
Cast out? :?
On Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm, in thread 'Sandworm Sequels', Superdog wrote: Just let it end for goodness sake.
boredadmin wrote:Let what end?
Tleszer wrote:The sh it known as McDune?
Looks like Mr Greenbutt is cruising for a Blaze of Glory. :lol:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I'm glad I previewed my post. "Shit" had been changed to "dung." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :lol:
SandChigger wrote:Looks like Mr Greenbutt is cruising for a Blaze of Glory. :lol:
Why not attempt it? All the cool kids are doing it. 8)

I sent a PM to Superdog about Jacurutu, considering we all know any actual mention of our beloved sietch will only be deleted by The Almighty DumbAdmin.

EDIT:
Just checked back. Both of my posts are gone. I also don't seem to be able to log in. Looks like I've been FREAKBANNED. I'm officially a member of the club! Considering worse has been said, I'm a little shocked, but then again, to quote the mighty Mr. Teg, Byron's a pussy. I guess I shouldn't be that shocked since the last time I posted there he deleted my sig, which was simply a quote from Chig about my green tushie ( :orcs-buttshake: :!: ).

I'm glad that when I PMed Superdog I mentioned about the deletions and Freakbanning. Perhaps he'll join us? PMs ( :shock: :lol:) shouldn't be deleted, right?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I wouldn't put it past the shitsucker to delete your PMs, too. :twisted:

Fucking no-balls toad.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol: Welcome to the club!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome! :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Damn! Another one. I feel hardly special anymore.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I see Superdog has registered here.

Preemptive welcome! :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:I see Superdog has registered here.

Preemptive welcome! :)
:dance:
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Does the board still send out emails to new registrees to confirm they're not spammers? Has someone confirmed recently that the email server is working properly? It appears to go down every once in a while, and it might put people off if they're waiting for a promised confirmation email that never comes, no? ... But even with a delay it's gotta be faster than registering on DumbNovels & waiting for poke-ass Merritt to approve you! :lol: )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:(Does the board still send out emails to new registrees to confirm they're not spammers? Has someone confirmed recently that the email server is working properly? It appears to go down every once in a while, and it might put people off if they're waiting for a promised confirmation email that never comes, no? ... But even with a delay it's gotta be faster than registering on DumbNovels & waiting for poke-ass Merritt to approve you! :lol: )
I've never gotten an email concerning membership from this site, I'm not sure if it works or not.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It keeps breaking. Not sure what the problem is, but its pretty hinky for some reason.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

SandChigger wrote:(Does the board still send out emails to new registrees to confirm they're not spammers? Has someone confirmed recently that the email server is working properly? It appears to go down every once in a while, and it might put people off if they're waiting for a promised confirmation email that never comes, no? ... But even with a delay it's gotta be faster than registering on DumbNovels & waiting for poke-ass Merritt to approve you! :lol: )
I had a problem registering here, back in..errr, whenever it was I registered.
I think I waited for that confirmation email forever. When it didn't arrive after a good few days, I tried emailing Freak and Omph - also no joy.

It was only when I tried registering with my hotmail address that I managed to join.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, I discovered it was wonky when I was registering some new sock-puppets! :D

(Hee hee, that'll get certain people spinning on their thumbs for a while!)

Actually, I'm not kidding this time: the two Green Hopi accounts are mine, created to make fun of smooty/Kangamoose/wHoleyRuckusMongoose. :P

(Hey, Omph, did I ask you to delete those or was I just planning to and never actually got around to it? I don't plan on using them, so the only purpose they're serving is to keep The Wanker of Wales from coming back and registering and using the name himself. ;) )
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I registered again without the Irulan comment in the signature (because I was so impressed with Onasander and wanted to try my hand at trolling), and there's nothing going on over there. Because, obviously, what is there to talk about? How good the new books are? That's what they get.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

merkin muffley wrote:Because, obviously, what is there to talk about? How good the new books are?
:lol: :clap: :dance:

Nice!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

It took until today for me to realize who "Allizkaerf" is. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:It took until today for me to realize who "Allizkaerf" is. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
:wink:
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's nice of Byron to let you post there under a reversed version of your old username.

Kinda symbolic, too, no? (Which may or may not be unintentional and completely lost on ByrByr.) By participating there under that name and helping keep the place afloat, you're really acting in opposition to what you really believe about the place.

I find that very fitting. :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:It's nice of Byron to let you post there under a reversed version of your old username.

Kinda symbolic, too, no? (Which may or may not be unintentional and completely lost on ByrByr.) By participating there under that name and helping keep the place afloat, you're really acting in opposition to what you really believe about the place.

I find that very fitting. :)
Yeah... :roll: I really don't think he realized it when I first signed up.

I try to keep my posts there to a minimum but sometimes I just can't keep my big mouth shut.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

They deleted my post about cocks, and I was talking about male chickens.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, YOU were talking about male chickens, but Byron read it (if you can call that thing he does with his lips quivering and his eyes rolling about like that "reading") as a veiled allusion to swollen egos and noisy balls of feathers strutting saucily about. ;)