posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:And he would hate the stifling of any discord or dissatisfaction, too.
Maybe.

Keep in mind that bit in DoD where "Leaky Brain 'B' Me" Brian claims Frank once told someone who was being critical of the ending of Messiah, or one of the other books, that they could "always write their own novel." (Something along those lines.) One time irritated flare or indicative of an actual personality trait, if even true, who knows.

Either way: "SHUT UP, BYRON!" :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Byron & son at Wondercon:

http://www.dunenovels.com/media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ha, I've been to WonderCon. I'm so out of it, I didn't even realize that it was this weekend.

And you've gotta love the Star Wars action in that image. I think it's pretty much official: in HLP math, Dune = Star Wars. Pretty soon, they're just going to stop pretending.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I was thinking about going this year. Just too busy though.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Gotta love how the number-one top-image in the Media section of on the Official Dune Web presence. (DuneNovels.com>Media>Images)...

... is a shitty cropped picture of Richard Hatch talking to someone else.

That is poor. :lol:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shitty quality images, huh? :roll:

"R2D2 crosses over into Duniverse. This time with no assistance from KJA"

Says it all.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Merritt looks like he dropped some weight ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I seem to remember him posting something about being told he had to lay off the beer for health reasons.

That's probably why he doesn't come 'round here to post no more.

Yeah ... that must be it! :laughing-rolling:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:Byron & son at Wondercon:

http://www.dunenovels.com/media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loving Byrons 5 buck 10 year old jeans, me-fucking-ow. :beat dead horse:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, they're 20 if they're a day. :roll:

In fact, they're probably older than his kid! :lol:

But he's probably tickled pinkish just to be able to fit into them again. :?:

(So, you think he loves his own name so much he had to saddle the kid with it, too? Or was he hoping to start up one of those Suhthuhn dynasty thangs? ;) )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, they're 20 if they're a day. :roll:

In fact, they're probably older than his kid! :lol:

But he's probably tickled pinkish just to be able to fit into them again. :?:

(So, you think he loves his own name so much he had to saddle the kid with it, too? Or was he hoping to start up one of those Suhthuhn dynasty thangs? ;) )
My first son is the fifth (V) but that is due to a lack of agreeable creativity between me and my wife. We decided that if we couldn't agree on something he'd be V.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

My dad wanted to name me after him. I would have been Moody Rudolph Tidwell IV, but my mom was a III too and said no fucking way. So I got Greg.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think you came out on top in that deal... no offense.

Fortunately for me and my son, James Lymon Kendrick isn't too bad. Lymon is a little weird but you don't have to tell people your middle name.
~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

My middle name's Thaddaeus. :( :(
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:Lymon is a little weird but you don't have to tell people your middle name.
No, I think we can safely say you'll never ever have to tell anyone with Web access again. :lol:
Sandwurm88 wrote:My middle name's Thaddaeus. :( :(
Meh, that's not so bad. Anyone call you "Tad"? Or tease you with "Tadpole"? ;)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Lymon is a little weird but you don't have to tell people your middle name.
No, I think we can safely say you'll never ever have to tell anyone with Web access again. :lol:
If someone wants my identity, they can have it.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I think you came out on top in that deal... no offense.
I told people to call me Moody anyway, really just to fuck with him. All my stoner friends would call, my dad would pick up and they would say, "hey man, is MOOOOOOoooooOOOOOODY there?" or something annoying like that. It really chapped his ass so I kept it up for years.

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

My middle name's Fred, first name Alan, so whenever my dad was pissed at me he'd combine them and call me Alfred. :?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

We have dumbsign over at DN again, Arnoloco started a "who would win?" threat for D-Wolves vs Futars. Again, what an amazing place of intelligence they have going over there. :lol:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:We have dumbsign over at DN again, Arnoloco started a "who would win?" threat for D-Wolves vs Futars. Again, what an amazing place of intelligence they have going over there. :lol:
Wolverine would totally kick both of their asses.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

fucking asinine .....

futars got thumbs >> ergo >> they can wield light sabres ...

arnie's such an idiot ... hey, somebody go Over There and get him riled up again
about how Wonder Woman pees in that invisible toilet .....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This was mentioned in another thread by merkin:
In a post on Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 7:19 pm, arnoldo wrote:I'm planning to read the book in chronological order but am not sure were to read Hadi Bennotto's in duniverse book, The Dune Encyclopedia. The beginning of God Emperor of Dune starts with Hadi Bennotto proclaiming the discovery of the Dar-es-Balat materials (which Teg possibly mentions in Heretics of Dune). Considering Hadi Bennotto was the editor of the Dune Encyclopedia should it be read before or after God Emperor of Dune?
With English corrected:
I'm planning to (re-?)read the books in chronological order but am not sure where to read Hadi Benotto's in-Duniverse book, The Dune Encyclopedia. The beginning of God Emperor of Dune starts with Hadi Benotto proclaiming the discovery of the Dar-es-Balat materials (which Teg possibly mentions in Heretics of Dune). Considering Hadi Benotto was the editor of the Dune Encyclopedia, should it be read before or after God Emperor of Dune?
Um... Seeing how the The Dune Encyclopedia is supposedly based on materials found at Dar-es-Balat LONG AFTER Leto's death, if you're reading every piece of fan fiction related to Dune in "chronological order", the only sensible thing to do would be to read The Encyclopedia AFTER GEoD. There's really no question, is there? He really is a stupid little turd, isn't he?
FH in Heretics wrote: He found himself gripped by accounts from the archeological team that had found the Tyrant's primitive no-chamber on Rakis. Dar-es-Balat, the place was called. The reports by Archeologist Hadi Benotto were marked "Suppressed by orders of the Rakian Priesthood." The file number on the accounts from Bene Gesserit Archives was a long one and what Benotto revealed was fascinating.
"Let us not forget the Hadi Benotto translation of God's own holy words," another priest interrupted. "Shai-hulud referred many times to Siona."
The only remotely interesting question here (which arnoldo kinda dances around in typical arnoldo fashion but seems to miss completely) might be whether FH meant references to Benotto's work only in his own books or if he might possibly have had The Encyclopedia in mind as well.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Harkonnen No-Chamber wrote:
boredadmin wrote:
arnoldo wrote:
A Little Galach wrote:
arnoldo wrote: 'cuz the UK edition of HoD suggests that no-chamber technlogy may've been pre-tyrant.

. . . Teg guessed it to be much earlier than that of the Tyrant . .
Since there is a library in the chamber one would assume that they would have been able to discern pretty quickly when it dated from.

Is there anything else from that edition? The copy I have is pretty clear in the opinion of everyone involved where the date of the chamber's origin is concerned.
"I agree it's primitive but it's also fascinating." Teg lifted his gaze to the scrollwork on the nearby kitchen ceiling. The moment of decision had arrived. Lucilla could not be depended upon to remain distracted much longer. Teg shared her fascination, though. It was easy to lose yourself in these marvels. The whole no-globe complex, some two hundred meters in diameter, was a fossil preserved intact from the time of the Tyrant. It was remarkably primitive in all of its aspects, including the machinery and the nullentropy bins at the core. Teg guessed it to be much earlier than that of the Tyrant and, if the stories about Dar-es-Balat were to be trusted, this early technology represented a remarkable achievement.
Very cool!
Reading is fundamental - the chamber is from the time of the Tyrant, but pre-dates the Tyrant's own chamber at Dar-es-Balat.

Schoolboy error.

"There is nothing to suggest that these two are the exactly same technologies," KJA was heard to say while furiously back-pedalling.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Just popped over by DN to see if maybe, just maybe Byron had pulled the finger out and already approved blingey's account and he had posted anything yet. (NOT) I noticed there were some threads with new posts and started looking through them, but after a few I kinda thought, meh, why bother?

YAWN.

I would like to see something posted about the next book, though, to confirm which series they're going to do. Shithead Twatted this just yesterday: "Just starting work on next Dune novel."

One would presume he knows which one he's working on. Not that it really matters! :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Post by SandChigger »

What's with the SparrowsOfDune guy going around reviving all the old threads over there?

Is it kinda like an animal rubbing its gonads all over everything, marking its territory?