New Dune Movie

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Well, that is not really what you said. What you said was that they would not get a role other than symbolic. What I said was that there was a danger that they would.
GamePlayer wrote:And whatever you do, don't listen to any of the BS chest beating and back slapping that these two (KJA/BH) are going to be posting on their blogs or quoted as saying in the many promotional circuit publications yet to come. They are only merely involved in a long process, but they'll talk it up like they're hitting on a super model way out of their league at a celebrity party that they just happened to be invited to as a courtesy
Bang! Dead solid perfect! And what do we have but that blow-hard KJA talking up his BS in an interview, just like I said would.
Ha! Im going to call you ostrich boy from now on. Just stick your head in the sand and ignore what is going on around you. :P

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Now this may (?) be old news but it has pasted me by, in the first line of that interview he states that the Heros trilogy is "It's actually four books -- Paul, Jessica, Irulan, and Leto"
orald

Post by orald »

I can't wait for it to come out so I can hear the Matrix fanboys say how much this ripped off their trilogy. Unfortunately, they'll actually be right. :cry:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Omphalos wrote:Well, that is not really what you said. What you said was that they would not get a role other than symbolic. What I said was that there was a danger that they would.

Ha! Im going to call you ostrich boy from now on. Just stick your head in the sand and ignore what is going on around you. :P
No, it's exactly what I said, ten different times in ten different ways in a futile attempt to offer you perspective. Obviously you'll have none of that and it's all about "I'm right, you're wrong." So how is it hanging on KJA's every word? Didn't you say something about never trusting anything the HLP says? :roll:

As for the rest, the debate is pointless. If the new Dune film sucks hard, the dreaded fanboy nightmare "Norma" is uttered and all the worst OH predictions of doom come to pass, you'll go to your grave screaming curses at KJA/BH as public enemy number one.

Meanwhile, the real reasons why the new Dune film will fail is...
Because Paramount exploited the environmental subtext of Dune for a buck at the expense of everything else...
Because Paramount assigned to Dune a studio yes-man director with no real talent, knowledge or passion for the project...
Because Misher doesn't know the first thing about adapting a multi-layered story like Dune to film and won't even try...
Because the script chosen for the project (critically important but totally ignored thus far!) is written by McG hacks...
Because, because, because...
And at the very bottom of the list, because someone took KJA's advice and decided "Norma" would be a good script change.

But by all means, blame me for being ignorant of the real reasons why the Dune movie will suck. Because you know, "Norma" is gonna make or break this entire film. I can already hear the Lucas-esque cries of "KJA raped my childhood!" :P :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Norma? Norma might to be in the new Dune? WTF? Is this just paranoid speculation, or is there a source? If not don't scare me like that, I'll have a freaken stroke.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It's paranoia, but I wouldn't put it past Pinky & The Brian.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

It's no paranoia, lad! God has told me this in a dream just this, umm, afternoon, truly! :shock:

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Jebus! Don't scare me like that.
orald

Post by orald »

Nah, JK, me and God, we're not on speaking terms after that whole mess in the Napoleonic wars. He's got no sense of humor I say. :roll:

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

inhuien wrote:Now this may (?) be old news but it has pasted me by, in the first line of that interview he states that the Heros trilogy is "It's actually four books -- Paul, Jessica, Irulan, and Leto"
Yep...i'm still in shock and that little guy :arrow: :shock: does not even describes it... :cry:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Rakis wrote:
inhuien wrote:Now this may (?) be old news but it has pasted me by, in the first line of that interview he states that the Heros trilogy is "It's actually four books -- Paul, Jessica, Irulan, and Leto"
Yep...i'm still in shock and that little guy :arrow: :shock: does not even describes it... :cry:
I'm pretty excited. (as always :P )

Leto of Dune has a lot of possibility, I was always interested in the early years of his reign, plus the fact that their would undoubtedly have been more "action" at the beginning of his rule will play on the pair's strengths, though I hope it feature some of the "heady" qualities of GEOD.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

"Possibility" is not the word I would have chosen.

You mark my words, Simon. That one in particular is going to suck so badly, and change the story so remarkably, that even you will come over the light of OH'dom.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Simon wrote:Leto of Dune has a lot of possibility, I was always interested in the early years of his reign, plus the fact that their would undoubtedly have been more "action" at the beginning of his rule will play on the pair's strengths, though I hope it feature some of the "heady" qualities of GEOD.
Yeah, everyone would like to know more about what happens after Children ends. And what happens during those 3000+ years up to the beginning of God Emperor.

And if Frank Herbert actually wrote anything about those many years, his notes and scribblings should be presented as is for fans to see for themselves.

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE ANYTHING "HEADY" ABOUT THIS NEW BOOK THEY'VE SUDDENLY TAGGED ONTO THE TRILOGY. IF THEY WERE CAPABLE OF DOING "HEADY", THEY WOULD HAVE SHOWN IT BY NOW.

Forget it, kiddo, it ain't going to happen.

(And if by some chance something "heady" does show up, rest assured that it will be something written by Frank that they slipped in. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Blasphemy! :x They must have balls the size of church bells. :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

The one word that convinces me that these ( now ) four extra books are unnecessary milk cows is: GAPS!

Asshole KJA states there are GAPS! in the storyline of the Chronicles. Is he out of his mind? This is the storyline as Frank wrote them and he has the audacity to say there are GAPS! in the storyline.

I remember vividly reading God-Emperor for the very first time. I started reading Siona running and fleeing from the D-Wolves. So many questions popped-up in my mind after reading that first chapter that I was completely sucked into the Duniverse again.

I had to keep reading to find answers to those questions and to this very day not all of them have been answered. That is they way Frank envisioned his series. He needed the GAP of 3500 years to make the God-Emperor succeed as a character. When you read GEOD you "feel" his age.

I am afraid the end of the Ortho's ordeal is far from over.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

deja vu!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Alia

Post by Alia »

Is it just me, or did I read Serkanners post somewhere else? :shock:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Alia wrote:Is it just me, or did I read Serkanners post somewhere else? :shock:
That is what I meant by deja vu. I had just seen it elsewhere too. :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

OMG Alia and Omph must have prescience! May Dur save us all!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Should we assume, Omph, that there will be no reply? :?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

pfft what are you guys worried about? they are making a movie called "Dune" So far i have seen nothing that relates this film and its production staff to Dune by Frank Herbert.

but in all seriousness, haven't any of you read "Civil Disobedience". If you want to see it, buy a ticket for another film then sneak in to "DOONZOMG"
Bring Barf bags and a quart of Scotch.

That or its worth prison to refuse to pay for this and just download it.
"Your Honor, how am i stealing from the 'authors' when they themselves raped a corpse and then fraudulently led on their own fanbase with a steaming pile o' dung. Personally i'd like protection under freedom of speech and religion ( I stand in the sacred human presence ) from these bigots who are attempting to use something sacred to me for personal profit"

sweet then i could subpoena the notes and disks!

to be honest, are any of you suprised at this move by KJA/HLP. I saw it coming a mile away.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ampoliros wrote:Bring Barf bags and a quart of Scotch.

Oh did Nicholas Cage decide to do Ghost Rider 2? :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Would not know. I haven't even seen the first one.

(It's basically kinda like Spawn without the neat cape and chains, right? :roll: )

If I recall correctly from the DN "Blog" entries when I was looking for Pail of Dung info recently, EVEN Kevin and Brian didn't like the first one.

(I believe it was one of the movies they watched "to unwind" one night during the week Kevin was in Seattle brianstorming...I mean, brainstorming Pail and the Gyros of Dumb series.)
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:(I believe it was one of the movies they watched "to unwind" one night during the week Kevin was in Seattle brianstorming
They jerk off to THAT?! :shock: :?

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

orald wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(I believe it was one of the movies they watched "to unwind" one night during the week Kevin was in Seattle brianstorming
They jerk off to THAT?! :shock: :?
Eva Mendes is hawt!

Rob