Twitter Wars!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Interesting. I guess "protected" doesn't show up in search results?

Good stuff, either way. Gotta love KJA's drooling fanboys reporting all this sort of stuff to him ... and him being a big enough egomaniac to even mention it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm sure he has complained to Twitter and that it'll be disappeared eventually. After all, Kevvie never confronts anything head-on, he goes behind the scenes to have things removed or people banned. And when he can't do that, he just pretends to ignore it. :roll:

Whoever TehKJA is, I wish they would get on the ball and approve me. :x

(Or maybe there is no interesting content and it's just a joke?)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:Oh, it's real. Just more of Keith's giant ego; clearly, anyone who can't see the brilliance in his first-draft prose is either stupid or jealous. It's pure KJA.

Good discussion at the Chig Blog, too.
Just when you think he can't squeeze his head farther up his own ass...

You know it's not an April Fool's Joke because he didn't follow it up with an explanation of how funny he is or what an awesome joke it was. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

THE TWITTER WARS ARE OVER! ... AND WE WON!!! :D
ImageTheKJA
I'm only giving updates to friends.
about 1 hour ago from Socialite
ALL of his "update" posts look like that now!

If that's not an admission that he can't take the heat, I don't know what is.

And it was undoubtably TehKJA (now open for public viewing, btw) that put the final nail in the coffin.

WE WON (another?) ONE! :laughing:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

re: tehKJA

yeah, it's certainly one of the Cast Out ...

let it run its course, then reveal yourself in the
secret clubhouse for cookie ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Good work, whoever it is. And the posts are hilarious.

(And too many Jacurutu in-jokes for it not to be someone here, methinks).

Edited to add: Rebecca's latest post says she's taking Vicodin for "26 staples & 3 sutures ripped from 3 incisions". I wouldn't have thought you'd need a heavy-duty opiate for that. :?

HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, then how about for "26 staples & 3 sutures ripped from 3 incisions and 1 asshole husband"? :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

Awesome! Getting such an attention whore to realise that not every single little retarded thought he has needs to be transmitted to the world is quite an achievement!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Chig, yeah, good point. She probably finds any excuse she can to hit the happy pills :).

HBJ
Sev

Post by Sev »

A climb-down, of sorts, to his copy editor - "Copy editor didn't receive correct spellings...". Or maybe not - "....or just has her own ideas for how to spell Dune terms."

Just seen his desciption of self on myspace - 5' 9" athletic.

athletic!!! :laughing: :laughing:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I must admit, I'm really shocked by this. I mean, what the hell should your blog and your comments mean to KJA if he doesn't visit your site or this forum? If he's got nothing to do with any of us, why such drastic measures? Or can we deduce from this that KJA is lurking here? That he does read SC's blog? That KJA is much more involved in the anti-Dumbnovels drama than he has let on?
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Sev wrote:Just seen his desciption of self on myspace - 5' 9" athletic.

athletic!!! :laughing: :laughing:
Not from the chins I can see! :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I seriously doubt my blog had much impact. I don't seriously believe that he or Byron read it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fanboy or two watching it.

Someone alerted him that I was following him on Twitter, because he specifically blocked me. I've been firing "@Replies" at him in response to his updates since I discovered that I still could, but I really think it was the TehKJA account that had the biggest impact.

Of course, it would be tremendously amusing and a serious coup if Kevin is so insecure that he is secretly reading posts to this forum or my blog.

That would rule. :D
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

A KJA stooge sounds much more likely. Still, it is rather odd that such maneuvering would alarm him in any way. This is the net after all; what people say here matters far less than in daily life, especially since so much of it can be conveniently ignored. I guess KJA is just that sensitive.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'd think that he has some kind of observation on Jacurutu and the OH sites. If it wasn't for what we post, and if non of this got to him, then we wouldn't see anything in the new books that tries to defend the position of the 'author' as unassailable, i.e. Paul telling Irulan "if you write it, they will believe it." There is no other reason for that statement to be included in the new books other than a defense against OH prodding.

I'm betting that Winds of Dune will see some kind of derogatory jab at Jacurutu. i would not be surprised to see him write the attack on Jacurutu by all the tribes as part of his plot. He can always just jump out and say that Jessica knew about Jacurutu, and that's how she knew Leto would go there.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Kevin J Anderson Blog wrote:THE WINDS OF DUNE Copy-Edit and UK Jacket Text

Brian and I have each received the manuscript of THE WINDS OF DUNE, which has been marked-up by the copy editor for spelling, punctuation, and consistency. By the time we deliver a new DUNE ms., it has been studied and proofed so many times that it’s usually fairly clean. For WINDS, we have a new copy editor who seems to be unfamiliar with the series, either our new novels or Frank Herbert’s originals. So, we’ve had to go through carefully to mark STET on all the times the copy editor incorrectly corrected (incorrected?) Chusuk to Chusak, adding an unnecessary second hyphen to Lisan al-Gaib, spelling out St. Alia of the Knife (which Frank Herbert did not do), and adding a hyphen to good-bye (which is not the style in any of our ten previous books…do they also want to add a hypen to to-night and to-morrow?) We are being very thorough, and then after we return the manuscript, we will see it one more time to proofread the typeset galleys. Publication date is August 5.

We have also received the cover copy for the UK edition, to be released by Simon & Schuster. Here, as a sneak preview, is the jacket text:

After the reign of Muad’Dib, an empire begins to crumble.

Paul Muad’Dib – cheered as a hero, worshipped as a messiah, hated as a tyrant – has vanished into the endless deserts of the planet Dune, leaving his turbulent empire without guidance. Now it’s up to his young sister Alia and his formidable mother, the Lady Jessica, aided by the faithful Gurney Halleck, the Fremen leader Stilgar and the resurrected Duncan Idaho, to keep the human race from tearing itself apart.

Fuelling the flames of dissent is the outspoken rebel, Bronxo of Ix, doing everything he can to destroy the myth of Paul Muad’Dib, the man responsible for more deaths than any other in history.

Working with Princess Irulan, Jessica tries to uncover the truth about her son. As the winds of rebellion and treachery brew, she discovers that Muad’Dib may have knowingly planted the seeds for his own downfall. And that Bronxo of Ix has a secret mission of his own, one that will force Jessica to choose between the memory of her son and the future of the human race.

KJA
Read it here (or don't :wink:)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Au contraire KJA. Perhaps your copy editor is all too familiar with you and your books. May he wreak as much havoc upon you two dumb asses as your "work" merits. Consider it some small revenge.
Last edited by GamePlayer on 04 Apr 2009 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Bronxo? I thought it was Bronso... Am I wrong?
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nope, you're quite right.

He Twatted that he had posted a new blog, then that he had edited it. He corrected the first "Bronxo" to "Bronso", but missed the second.

THESE PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTE FUCKING AMATEURS.

Or the publishers are diverting their new or shit employees to handling these books. The upside-down cover photo, this poor copy editor who was assigned a series of books she's unfamiliar with, unproofed cover copy ... does anyone see any hint of professionalism here anywhere?

The biggest example of unprofessional behavior being Kevin himself, airing this newest load of dirty laundry, not just on Twitter but now on his blawg.

Unbelievable. :roll:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Good job KJA. Too bad Bronso of Ix was executed while Paul Muad'dib was still on the throne...

Awww, too soon to ruin it for you?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:The biggest example of unprofessional behavior being Kevin himself, airing this newest load of dirty laundry, not just on Twitter but now on his blawg.
You know, this did cross my mind for a fleeting moment, but then I remembered it was KJA we were dealing with and just accepted him as a totally amateur loser.

But you're right; bitching about your copy editor online to everyone within reach is extremely unprofessional. We've all read interviews with someone where they complain about people, but it's always well after the fact. Here we have KJA complaining about shit right in the middle of the process. Another small detail he missed. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I posted about this earlier (on my blog), but it's good for another go:
ImageRebeccaMoesta
Getting ulcers re: cyberstalker posing as Kevin here on Twitter. The only real Kevin J Anderson profile is @TheKJA. Imposter uses "Teh"KJA
about 15 hours ago from web
Isn't she the excitable little thing, bandying about the "cyberstalker" label like that? And after so little?
ImageTheKJAnonFan
@RebeccaMoesta Ulcers? Really? I'm really sorry to hear that. I also hear, though, that getting over yourself can help immensely.
about 5 hours ago from web in reply to RebeccaMoesta
ImageTheKJAnonFan
People who CHOOSE to live in glass houses shouldn't get peevish if some people outside decide to laugh and point. You wanted a public.
about 5 hours ago from web
Just in case there is any confusion anywhere: I AM NOT TehKJA.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I'm really surprised how people can't read. They have to be told the obvious. :roll:

TehKJA is updating a bit more lately, so it's fun keeping up on it... One of his latest calls KJA out for arrogance, by saying that "TheKJA" is the cyberstalker, since as the "real" KJA he'd never refer to himself as The. :lol:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:Just in case there is any confusion anywhere: I AM NOT TehKJA.
RebeccaMoesta, KJA or some Dumbnovels/Seitch Tabr crony will accuse SC of being the cyberstalker in 5...4...3...2...