BEER THREAD!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Months, not years, oraldo.

No, I just can't seem to get ahold of any alkeehols lately. Probably something to do with the underage poor college student status... Naahhh, that's never stopped me before.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
orald

Post by orald »

Well, I was telling my own situation...but anyway, you should quit too, better for your health and wallet.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Phaedrus wrote:Months, not years, oraldo.

No, I just can't seem to get ahold of any alkeehols lately. Probably something to do with the underage poor college student status... Naahhh, that's never stopped me before.
Man I would get yerself checked out, see if there is anything wrong with you.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:....oraldo....
:lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

orald wrote:Well, I was telling my own situation...but anyway, you should quit too, better for your health and wallet.
Drinking is far from my least healthy habit. It's pretty low on the list of things I should stop if I'm looking out for my health and wallet. Smoking is probably first...
Robspierre wrote:Man I would get yerself checked out, see if there is anything wrong with you.

Rob
I know, right?
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, a youngling gone off his grog...you ain't raht, boh. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

Oh yes, the "oraldo" bit was so funny...and new too!

Mandy's called me that regularly when we used to have our private conversations, so you're too late.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I wasn't aware it was a competition?
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

bryanvdk wrote:but regardless of who wins.... orald loses :P
and that's the important bit. :)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Well, the almighty dollar not being so mighty, another American icon goes
global (Euro?).

Inbev "purchases" Anhauser-Bush for 52 billion. Say what you want about
their product, still sad to see it happen.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Spicelon wrote:Well, the almighty dollar not being so mighty, another American icon goes
global (Euro?).

I'm drinking a Stella-Artois right now...not bad. :D
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Rakis wrote:
Spicelon wrote:Well, the almighty dollar not being so mighty, another American icon goes
global (Euro?).

I'm drinking a Stella-Artois right now...not bad. :D
InBev's #2 beer! ;)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
trang

Post by trang »

I have no idea what products inbev produces ( beers or other drinks I mean), but I will no longer drink any of the products by Anhauser-Bush. This is major betrayal for nothing more than greed!!!

I havent had a drink in two years anyway but I might just have to go get me a MGD or LABATTS in protest!!

You can sell the land, you can sell the house, you can sell the car, you can even sell the dam dog!! NEVER, BUT, NEVER FUCK WITH A MANS BEER!!!!!

Distraught and Disappointed 20+ year bud drinker,
Trang

PS... Does KJA have anything to do with this?? feels fishy, gimme another reason to stomp on em.

pss..I guess the upside is I got call from company I interviewed for last friday and got the JOB!! more money better schedule, and back working in my field of INformation Technology(went back to school to finish bachelors and been working security in the interum. taken little over year longer than I wanted) about 7k more than I was making, allows wife to continue with her job, and keeps us ahead of this insane economic mess.

Later,
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

trang wrote:pss..I guess the upside is I got call from company I interviewed for last friday and got the JOB!! more money better schedule, and back working in my field of INformation Technology(went back to school to finish bachelors and been working security in the interum. taken little over year longer than I wanted) about 7k more than I was making, allows wife to continue with her job, and keeps us ahead of this insane economic mess.

Later,
Trang
So... can I borrow some money? :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

My brother works at Busch Gardens, which was sold to InBev along with the beer. He's worried about keeping his job now, as are the rest of Anhauser-Bush employees.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

trang wrote:I have no idea what products inbev produces ( beers or other drinks I mean), but I will no longer drink any of the products by Anhauser-Bush. This is major betrayal for nothing more than greed!!!

I havent had a drink in two years anyway but I might just have to go get me a MGD or LABATTS in protest!!

You can sell the land, you can sell the house, you can sell the car, you can even sell the dam dog!! NEVER, BUT, NEVER FUCK WITH A MANS BEER!!!!!

Trang

PS... Does KJA have anything to do with this?? feels fishy, gimme another reason to stomp on em.

pss..I guess the upside is I got call from company I interviewed for last friday and got the JOB!! more money better schedule, and back working in my field of INformation Technology(went back to school to finish bachelors and been working security in the interum. taken little over year longer than I wanted) about 7k more than I was making, allows wife to continue with her job, and keeps us ahead of this insane economic mess.

Later,
Trang
No offense bud, but Bud sucks ass. It barely qualifies as a beer. As an FYI, Inbev is best known for Becks, Stella Artois and Bass. They might actually improve budweiser. :wink:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

American beer is like sex in a canoe. It's fucking close to water.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Mandy wrote:My brother works at Busch Gardens, which was sold to InBev along with the beer. He's worried about keeping his job now, as are the rest of Anhauser-Bush employees.
My hometown is near St Louis and to be honest that is the only real bummer to me. I hate to see all the midwest jobs that will be lost. The beer itself I couldn't give a rat's ass about because it sucks; but the economy is bad enough without even more unemployment.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
trang wrote:I have no idea what products inbev produces ( beers or other drinks I mean), but I will no longer drink any of the products by Anhauser-Bush. This is major betrayal for nothing more than greed!!!

Trang

Later,
Trang
No offense bud, but Bud sucks ass. It barely qualifies as a beer. As an FYI, Inbev is best known for Becks, Stella Artois and Bass. They might actually improve budweiser. :wink:
Heh. Even though I have local ties to AB, they won't touch Budweiser, and
why should they? Most consistent beer ever made, opinions aside. Bud
will also replace Stella as InBev's flagship beer. Go figure.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Tleilax Master B wrote:

Trang

Later,
Trang
I doubt they'll change it at all, it's pretty rare for changes to be made to the product itself in these kinds of acquisitions. Plus, I don't think even they could save Bud. Water with beer flavour added is what that is.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I saw the Sam Adams founder (Dave Cook?) talking about the macrobreweries and even he gave them props for consistancy. It may be piss-water but it's consistant!
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Freakzilla wrote:I saw the Sam Adams founder (Dave Cook?) talking about the macrobreweries and even he gave them props for consistancy. It may be piss-water but it's consistant!
All of my fellow beer snobs say the same - hats off to BMC (Bud, Miller,
Coors) for making amazingly consistent beers, which is hard to do no matter
how shitty you think the product is. A lot of people don't know this but Bud
makes tons of craft beers. Some are, of course, reserved for corporate
types. Others are are brewed for other micro breweries as contract work,
and others are offered as special, hard to find seasonals. Hell, even
Guinness brews Budweiser. The reason the big three don't mass produce
craft beer is because of $$$. Could they turn a profit doing that? Sure, but
their margins would shrink to nothing, a corporate no-no.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I was reading on article on the buyout/merger, and apparently, only white collar management and upper level types of jobs will be lost. All the people working in the breweries get to stay.

And yeah, Budweiser sucks a lot. Even for mass-produced American beer.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

They will probably sell off the theme parks to Six Flags eventually. On the plus side, some of the long time employees who received stocks over the years have made a good chunk of change. A painter my brother knows sold his stock and made $500,000.