election day (United States)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

My polling place was not deserted, but I had no line. I looked at the automatic counter on my way out though, and at 8:30 they had already had hundreds of voters cast ballots. I think at lunch its going to be nutso.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

You guys have to see these :)

Obama/McCain Movie Posters

LOL :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Here's a nice picture of a Black Panther standing in front of a poll location giving us the finger:

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

GamePlayer wrote:You guys have to see these :)

Obama/McCain Movie Posters

LOL :)
:shock:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Happy Erection Day!
I've seen the word "election" so many times in the last three months that I didn't even notice this until the third time I looked at it ... :)
What's long with it? :shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

My Engrish is just fine. :)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

SandChigger wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
I've seen the word "election" so many times in the last three months that I didn't even notice this until the third time I looked at it ... :)
Sure you want to bring it up? :)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Crysknife wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Sure you want to bring it up? :)
Hopefully no one here will bring it down.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Sole Man

On Election day

Post by Sole Man »

The Clumination of endless bouts between two sets of people, weeding out the weak and accepting the strong. Only two now remain, and one shall weeded out, and one shall be the final victor until he is shot down in his victorious spot of power and we shall again resume this tedious cycle of endless bouts between two sets of people, weeding out the weak and accepting the strong...
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

awesome
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

NOW INFIDELS! KISS YOUR LILY-WHITE ASSES GOOD-BYE!

COMMUNIST MUSLIM JIHAD IS UPON YOU!

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

(I know Freak wanted/wants to say it. :lol: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

we won ? really ? we get the puppy, right Dad ?

Post by SandRider »

OBAMA: 50,937,491
MCCAIN: 47,144,053

DEMS +12 HOUSE
DEMS +5 SENATE
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

{edit to include updated popular vote results}
Last edited by SandRider on 05 Nov 2008 12:45, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

Saw it this morning, although I am not american I wanted him to win lol. I personally thought he would be a better president.
trang

Post by trang »

drunken republican bottomless spending frenzy for 8 years... National deficit at numbers so high a cray supercomputer chokes.

we now have a Democrat with a Change agenda with a democratic congress??

I wonder if they have enough paper at the treasury dept to print all this new money we are going to use to pay for all the great plans to fix all the problems?

Man are we in for a ride!!! Buckle up and put your crash helmets on, where this ride stops know one knows!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

trang wrote:drunken republican bottomless spending frenzy for 8 years... National deficit at numbers so high a cray supercomputer chokes.

I wonder if they have enough paper at the treasury dept to print all this new money we are going to use to pay for all the great plans to fix all the problems?

Man are we in for a ride!!! Buckle up and put your crash helmets on, where this ride stops know one knows!!

Trang
Of course there are some tumultuous times ahead, but at least with a Democratic government, The USA won't be forced to become a police state. Republicans lately seem to be fond of calling everyone they don't like a terrorist. Remember the arrests of journalists at the Republican National Convention this year? With McCain in charge, you can pretty much guarantee that kind of behavior to persist.
MICAH

Post by MICAH »

-Did Franken win Minnesotta?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Well, the choice has finally been made. Only hope it does some good. But really, next to Bush, both McCain and Obama were a major step up, so it's not hard to impress :)

I'm not really all that thrilled by Obama's policies. I wasn't with McCain's policies either. I think personality and drama ran this election more than anything else. Other than a few changes to some sectors, what is really on the horizon that promises any significant change? Are they going to address the U.S. economy in any significant sense? Obama's talking universal heathcare in the middle of the greatest federal debt the US has had and a fiscal crisis on the horizon in the next two decades. How do they plan to address this?
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

MICAH wrote:-Did Franken win Minnesotta?
Count & Recount
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:
MICAH wrote:-Did Franken win Minnesotta?
Count & Recount
He's down about 750 votes. It will be a couple weeks before it's all resolved. :evil:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

What's the story on the Independent, Barkley ?
Who's he pulling votes from ?
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:What's the story on the Independent, Barkley ?
Who's he pulling votes from ?
It's now only 462 votes with an automatic recount.

Barkley was the guy appointed by Jesse Ventura after Wellstone's plane crashed. He served for a couple months before Coleman took over. The paper here is reporting that he's pulled more votes away from Franken than from Coleman though pre-election poles were saying the opposite. I'm holding out a little hope considering some voter irregularities in Minneapolis. This thing is weeks away from being done.
trang

Post by trang »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
trang wrote:drunken republican bottomless spending frenzy for 8 years... National deficit at numbers so high a cray supercomputer chokes.

Trang
Of course there are some tumultuous times ahead, but at least with a Democratic government, The USA won't be forced to become a police state. Republicans lately seem to be fond of calling everyone they don't like a terrorist. Remember the arrests of journalists at the Republican National Convention this year? With McCain in charge, you can pretty much guarantee that kind of behavior to persist.

I chose to abstain this round, I didnt like either candidate or their policies.
I am not in any stretch of anyone's imagination a advocate of dubya either. If his administration had a policy that worked for the greater good I was behind it, otherwise I, like the rest of the country, suffered the results.

I have felt we have had a need to evolve beyond the two party system to some hybrid where we have the elected officials or representatives, but they represent their constituants and the American public. Working on issues in a line item fashion, voting yea or nay based on whats good for america, not whats good for republicans, democrats, or some other political agenda.

If McCain won he was facing years ahead of battling a congress that would be only focused on reprealing everything Dubya. Plus I felt he didnt have enough command of the domestic and economic situation to make a difference.

Obama and his policies are two radical and going to end up costing us even more than any one imagines,imho.

My abstain is basically a vote for the "Event Driven" government. The situation in the country and world is so fluid, I really didnt think either candidate was going to have a chance to implement much, because every day events keep forcing the governement away from any ideals they had, and they just have to react.

Ultimatly I am for "whats good for america" regardless of party politics. Faltering economy, two wars, terrorism, Energy Problems,Immigration issues, on and on, the government is in a multi man battle royal getting punched from every side.

We should have elected the little dutchboy with ten thumbs so we can plug the holes in the dam, long enough for everyone to breath and try to move from reactionary to preemptive mode.

Hopefully Obama will be able to do something, as the leavy has broken and water is spilling into the valley, all we can do is wait and see.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I don't like politicians - anyone who does is going to be disappointed. There's not much chance he'll live up to the hype and it's not going to get better over night. The fan is pretty clogged up with shit right now.

But I reckon you guys picked the right bloke this time - looking forward to see how it pans out.

:wink:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -