Great Stools of Dune predictions: here we go again!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Great Stools of Dune predictions: here we go again!

Post by SandRider »

absolutely, but I'm still saying that the act of the Christ's sacrifice that atoned for all human sin
was the important thing; this is also one of the reformation arguments, and the reason that Catholic
crosses have Jesus hanging there, emphasizing the crucifixion, and Protestant crosses are "empty",
emphasizing the resurrection ... and the contention that catholic crucifixes are, in fact, heathen
idols, but that's another matter ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

inhuien wrote:Pagans untie!! :)
"Pagan Dyslexics untie!", you meant? :P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:absolutely, but I'm still saying that the act of the Christ's sacrifice that atoned for all human sin
was the important thing; this is also one of the reformation arguments, and the reason that Catholic
crosses have Jesus hanging there, emphasizing the crucifixion, and Protestant crosses are "empty",
emphasizing the resurrection ... and the contention that catholic crucifixes are, in fact, heathen
idols, but that's another matter ...
My wife's catholic, I call her an idolater and a Mary worshiper. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Buncha heretic Jews... :roll:

:lol:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

SandChigger wrote:
inhuien wrote:Pagans untie!! :)
"Pagan Dyslexics untie!", you meant? :P
I meant what I wrote, you know subtle like, sneaky like the vernacular ninja of lore. :D

Here, have some love.

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Random predictions:

Sisterhood of Dune may as well be called Jedi Academy of Dune. Expect scenes lifted straight from The Empire Strikes Back (Yoda and Luke), and Revenge of the Sith (youngling sistahs). Weird "training" scenes based on KJA's weird concept of what prana bindu is, interspersed with sage aphorisms lifted straight from the notes - or other books in the series.

Oh, and if it hasn't appeared in the Legends books already, expect someone to pen the Litany Against Fear. I predict its initial form with be as lyrics to a prog rock song recorded on shigawire, to accompany the BG training manual.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Random predictions:

Sisterhood of Dune may as well be called Jedi Academy of Dune. Expect scenes lifted straight from The Empire Strikes Back (Yoda and Luke), and Revenge of the Sith (youngling sistahs). Weird "training" scenes based on KJA's weird concept of what prana bindu is, interspersed with sage aphorisms lifted straight from the notes - or other books in the series.
NICE. :D
Oh, and if it hasn't appeared in the Legends books already, expect someone to pen the Litany Against Fear. I predict its initial form with be as lyrics to a prog rock song recorded on shigawire, to accompany the BG training manual.
Ooh, SNAP! Damn you, damn you, DAMN YOU! That is SO good! I wish I had thought of that. Shit! :lol:

(I don't remember that from the Legends, and nothing comes up in any of the files.)

Edit: added to page. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Hunchback Jack wrote:I predict its initial form with be as lyrics to a prog rock song recorded on shigawire ...
And with a totally awesome drummer!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and his name shall be Peil Nert, and his beats shall cause the feet of The People to Dance ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:and his name shall be Peil Nert, and his beats shall cause the feet of The People to Dance ...
and be eaten by worms?

Also,
I suspect that the nusisterhood will have a man in charge somewhere behind the scenes, a fat balding man with awesome powers of persuasion... (and his sadistic but dumb sidekick, lol the sadistic sidekick that's got a good ring to it!)

Now is the time for the hack to achieve the destruction of the Sisterhood as we know it: he's shown time again his contempt for the original philosophy of Dune, and one of its themes was/is the strength of women, embodied in characters like Odrade, Lucilla or old Dortjuila(sorry if mispelt) for example.

I have read Dune many times and still I struggle to understand the full implications of the workings of the Sisterhood, their views on politics expressed in the dialogues with the Great Honoured Matre in GEoD still baffle me sometimes.

I just wonder how that idiot is going to manage when creating the ancestors to such deep thinking! The background necessary to that complicated wisdom is just mind boggling(and I seriously doubt Keith ever boggled his mind other than with beer...)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:Dortjuila(sorry if mispelt)
Just one too many "i"s.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I was gonna leave it but...
Chapterhouse: Dune wrote:It came as a surprise then when an aging Reverend Mother from a Bene
Gesserit punishment planet appeared at Mother Superior's workroom
shortly before the lunch break. Archives identified her: Name: Dortujla.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

ow crap...
I could have checked though :(

but that would have been cheating!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"And ye shall name the girlchild... Dorito Tequila!" :doh:
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:"And ye shall name the girlchild... Dorito Tequila!" :doh:
you mean that drink where they drown a worm? :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But with super corny crunch!

(You call it corn, we call it qahm. Or dhurra. :P )
lotek

Post by lotek »

for he is the Cactus Beverage!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

[cue rain. Or piss storm, as appropriate.]
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

[runs into sietch to get out of piss storm]
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
lotek

Post by lotek »

[piss storm turns into shitstorm]
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

My prediction is that most of the books from this "series" ordered from Amazon will arrive in fairly new condition.

viewtopic.php?p=91154#p91154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

[Flushes storm.]
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Sev

Post by Sev »

:puke:
Bloody hell, I'll never do that again - just been looking at Wiki for how the Hacks ended their BJ Trilogy (in order to predict their Stool secretions) - W T F !!!

Lets see if I get this right:

Serena Butler's lover and the father of her child (whose murder by Erasmus is the catalyst for the whole BJ), happens to be a Harkonnen (Xavier); This Xavier, together with an Atreides (Vorian) become the leading generals for the Army of the Jihad, whose figureheads are Serena Butler and Iblis Ginjo, a former slave of Omnius; Vorians job before switching sides had been to accompany a robot delivering updates to the computer overmind (all the Synchronized Worlds had copies of Omnius that were periodically updated :? ); Ginjo went bad and was killed by Xavier, but because the former was loved, it was Xavier branded a traitor. Ginjo was seduced by the Supreme Sorceress of Rossak, who bore a daughter (Ticia), though she already had one - Norma Cenva (Goddess!!) A plague on Rossak brings two doctors, Raquella Berto-Anirul and Mohandas Suk. Raquella's mother had been the illegitimate daughter of Vorian Atreides. Ticia poisons Raquella, but a prior brush with the plague brought out her genetic abilty to render the poison harmless within her body. She then takes over the Sorceresses and turns them into the Bene Gesserit. Mohandas Suk founds the Suk School - what a surprise. At the pivotal battle (of Corrin) Abulurd Harkonnen (grandson of Xavier) disobeys an order from Vorian, thus starting the Atreides-Harkonnen feud. After the battle, Abulurd's brother Faykan, changes his name to Corrino to become the first Padishah-Emperor.

What a catastrophic trainwreck from beginning to end - the founder of the Bene Gesserit was an Atreides, the Corrinos were Harkonnens, every important player in the whole war were fucked by Vorian and/or Xavier, either physically or metaphorically :crazy: I haven't even mentioned Gilbertus Albans, Rayna Butler or a whole slew of absurd concepts (the Misborn and their bloody 'magic water' for one).

And so, if 'teh Sistaz' starts 80 years after this shite - what is there left to do or say?? and over the course of three projected books at that. Everything has been created - It really doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm never looking at anything to do with McDune on Wiki again - I'll be scarred for weeks after this...
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Now do you understand why we're so mentally damaged, who have read the real things? :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"