Those ALIEN Roads

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

OH MY G-D !!

That was the quickest public stoning I've ever seen !
Does Merritt have Gestapo is his family tree ? A-mazing !

Poor little katee84's last post was deleted, she's been Freakbanned,
and Merrit has IP blocked West Texas again.

KT's a friend of mine in Abilene, I recruited her from the Civil War boards
to pass PMs Over There for me (she was mulletsavant's "Morpheaus").
I crafted the post and response to Arnie and sent it to her to post, to
confuse Merritt with the IP tracing.

Why would he leave the original post up ?

I didn't think the response to Arnie was that bad. Shoulda left it alone,
I guess. Is Merritt that protective of his troll ? My G-d !
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Arnie's right to derail any thread he wants is now sacrosanct. Thus it was with TAZ, now it is with him.

Yeah...I really don't get why he left the one post up but deleted the second.

And, as expected, the Sackless Wonder refused to comment. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

SandRider wrote:OH MY G-D !!

That was the quickest public stoning I've ever seen !
Does Merritt have Gestapo is his family tree ? A-mazing !

Poor little katee84's last post was deleted, she's been Freakbanned,
and Merrit has IP blocked West Texas again.

KT's a friend of mine in Abilene, I recruited her from the Civil War boards
to pass PMs Over There for me (she was mulletsavant's "Morpheaus").
I crafted the post and response to Arnie and sent it to her to post, to
confuse Merritt with the IP tracing.

Why would he leave the original post up ?

I didn't think the response to Arnie was that bad. Shoulda left it alone,
I guess. Is Merritt that protective of his troll ? My G-d !
Byron is playing very low. He is loosing the sense of what is a discussion and what is criticism.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Seraphan wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:I heard it was some guy from Salusa Secundus. Got life, was sent to the prison planet, took some remedial courses and wrote book. Became a Best seller, I hear :)
Yeah, wasnt he hiking all the time?
Oh yeah, "hiking". Is that what they call prison rape these days? :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Only in Writers Prison. Or maybe Reading Gaol?

Anyway, I meant to comment on something else this morning but forgot:
Seraphan wrote:Oh my! Wait until Kevy and the other guy attempt to retcon this bullshit in Leto of Dune. It will bring to them a fucking nuclear holocaust :twisted:
I seriously doubt it.

I suspect that other than those of us who read it (or are reading it—hurry up, Nekhrun!) to criticize it, the only people who are taking any note of PoD and this new "Heroes" series are the KJA/McDune fanboys; everyone else has pretty much learned their lesson by now.

That's why I doubt their retconning Leto II to hell and back is going to provoke much response. I mean, hell, in this newest book they have reduced Frank Herbert's Dune to an unreliable in-universe document written by a gullible propagandist bint for whom the writing is an obvious displacement of her unfulfilled libido.

If THAT ATROCITY has failed to result in their universal condemnation, I can't imagine what will do it.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I don't think the teenagers that are reading the new books would
understand your point, Chig, much less the world at large.

I'm about ready to give up. Dune is Star Wars. End of fucking story.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No "movement" on that thread since the deletion.

Byron can't claim ignorance of the issue. katee84's post laid it out fairly plainly. Maybe he's asking Kevin what to do.

Let's see...what will Kevin say....

"Dammit, Byron, we put you in control of that board because we thought you could handle those damned Talifans. But it seems like every time you open your damned mouth, you put your foot in it up to your godammed hip. From now on, just police the discussions but stay out of them. In other words, Byron, SHUT UP." :D

Seriously, though, what do you all think: is it too soon to call a fail on this gom jabbar test?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Merritt's on Over There right now - let's see what he does. He may have used up all his energy with this:
Over There » For Lovers of Classic Dune Only » Chapter House Dune finale // all today
murmur wrote:Ok, so I've finished reading through the whole Dune sage for the 3rd time, last time I did it was about 6-7 years ago.

But this time I actually understood the ending with Marty and Daniel (the Face Dancers).

The unkown threat from the Scattering was blatantly supposed to be rogue face dancers (why else would they name them "the enemy of many faces".

I haven't read Hunters or Sandworms of Dune, but I think i'm a bit put off reading them now that I know they have made the unknown threat remnants of the machines from the Prelude to Dune Butlerian Jihad...

If this is the case, i'm really not going to read them.. I must say, I wasn't a big fan of Butlerian Jihad anyway, I think they took it too far making the enemy actual killing cyborgs and robots, but still... thats another thread for another day.

Just sharing my thoughts! I thought Chapter House Dune ended the series perfectly, IMO there is no need for a Dune 7, it ends fantastic :D
Merritt wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It might interest you to know, too, that there are face dancer enemies in Hunters and Sandworms. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
murmur wrote:Hehe, so basically what you're saying is, I should read them, because I'm rushing to conclusions? :D
Merritt wrote:No. You should probably do whatever you think is right for you. Just wanted you to be aware that there are elements that many anti-fans left out of their "toastings" of the sequels.
Is this a new tactic ?
Is he tired today ?
I'm having a mixed reaction to "anti-fan".
ImageImage

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:I'm having a mixed reaction to "anti-fan".
Does this mean KJA&BH are anti-authors? :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Anti-fans" ... hmmm, I don't know. Pretty weak, overall.

I've got two words for you, Byron: shut the fuck up.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandRider wrote:I'm having a mixed reaction to "anti-fan".
Does this mean KJA&BH are anti-authors? :P
I guess so. But then again Byron's retarded at so many levels so it doesnt really matter...
Last edited by Seraphan on 16 Dec 2008 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Pretards are technically the anti-fans. They once loved Dune, and now they love crap which is not Dune. Therefore, they have become anti-Frank, and thusly anti-fans.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Pretards are technically the anti-fans. They once loved Dune, and now they love crap which is not Dune. Therefore, they have become anti-Frank, and thusly anti-fans.
If you try to dally in Byron's "logic" blood will shoot out of your nose.
And your penis will fall off.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Welllll, boys, it's time right now to see just how close Merritt is monitoring this board.
After his banning of little katee84 and IP freakout yesterday, I used her livemail account
to send him a very clever and well-crafted email. Katee's account received a response
this morning stating that he thought poor little innocent KT was an OH sockpuppet.
Her account Over There was reactivated, and the West Texas IP ban is lifted, including
the IP block on the two machines I have that he's previously blocked/unblocked/blocked
&etc. I keep telling you, the man's fucking STOOOPID. Right, Merritt ? You are
stupid, aren't you ? It's not your fault, buddy. All the genius in the Herbert gene pool was
used up by Frank. (At a cost as well; as a person, he was quite an asshole, wasn't he,
Byron ? That's okay, you can admit it. It doesn't affect the value of his work, you know.
Look at Hemmingway : now there was one fucked-up motherfucker, huh ? But he's
still a Literary Giant.)(By the way, it just occured to me : what kind of "Daddy Issues"
does Byron have ?)
ImageImage

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Seraphan wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:Pretards are technically the anti-fans. They once loved Dune, and now they love crap which is not Dune. Therefore, they have become anti-Frank, and thusly anti-fans.
If you try to dally in Byron's "logic" blood will shoot out of your nose.
And your penis will fall off.
:shock: Holy shit. You just scared me, Seraphan. This is why I don't bother going to the No-Dune BBS anymore. Seriously, Talifans, anti-fans... he really needs to grow a pair. While I understand the need/want to be proud of what your family's legacy is, there also comes a point when you have to call a spade a spade.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, spade=crap. :)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Over There » All Things Dune » True Aliens in Dune // today
Redstar wrote:I forget which novel it is, either Heretics or C:H, but it is briefly mentioned that the sandworms may have been planted on Dune by an alien race for reasons unknown.

This theory seems likely to me since the nature and physiology of the worms demands that they destroy the ecological system of whatever planet they reside on and transform it to one that suits them. It seems impossible they could naturally develop on a world because they would destroy it before the environment could evolve to a point to support worms at all.

It seems to me that the worms were either genetically engineered or at least evolved on another planet and planted on Dune by some ancient or lost race. The fact that FH mentioned the idea at all in one of his main novels adds bearing to the theory, since the BG aren't stupid. They'd think up theories that have some plausibility and possibility. And if it weren't true, why would FH include it just to tease us readers with some minor or false tidbit?

Just curious what your opinions are of this idea. And if it's true, why wasn't it explored further in "Dune 7"?
lock & load.
ImageImage

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

At least it is a better reasoning than what some of us thought KJA & BH were going to do in Hunters/Sandworms. Some of us thought that they would have had Duncan Idaho's no-ship somehow time travel to the distant past and plant the worms on Dune. In this case the Hacks surprised us with something at least almost-logical (well, more logical than time travel).

FH probably wrote that idea into CoD as a sort of red herring mainly to challenge the readers into thinking something completely outrageous. If there was any truth to this idea I'm sure FH would have written other hints into the novels to make the alien idea more plausible, especially since he could have had Leto II confirm or deny aliens through his Other Memory.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think people read way too much into that line of Leto's in CoD about the sandtrout having been brought to Arrakis and miss the point.

BTW, he doesn't say ALIENS brought them there, just that someone did.

:roll:

The point of Leto bringing that up was that Arrakis was once a wet planet and the sandtrout turned it into a desert. The ecological transformation was having the opposite effect, killing the sandtrout and eventually the worms. The fact that they came from somewhere else is of minor importance, that they go when the desert goes was of major importance.

(Not that I'm not curious as to who and where they came from.)
Last edited by Freakzilla on 16 Dec 2008 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:The point of Leto bringing that up was that Arrakis was once a wet planet and the sandtrout turned it into a desert. The ecological transformation was having the opposite effect, killing the sandtrout and eventually the worms. The fact that they came from somewhere else is of minor importance, that they go when the desert goes was of major importance.

(Not that I'm not curious as to who and where they came from.)
This is exactly what a reasonable person would think.

Which makes me wonder, what is with all this "alien" crap going on at Dumbnovels? Is this something new, or have there always been "fans" obsessed with somehow introducing aliens into Dune? Where is all this coming from? Are these the kind of minds that are bred from reading KJA/BH?

Context seems to be totally thrown out the window here. But I suppose it makes sense. Once KJA and the other guy beat "fans" over the head with ten fucking books of their sci-fi cliche dumping ground, why not introduced aliens and time travel to Dune? I mean, what is stopping KJA at this point? I'm half expecting the next book to be named The Dune at the End of the Universe :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think it's some hair-brained attempt to equate all their un-dune crap like evil robots and magic trolls to aliens. They think FH was hinting that there were aliens in the Duniverse. If there are aliens, why not a robot empire surrounding humanity?

Excuse me...

:puke:
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

g-ddamint i done tole yall i'm drunking fuck now this ..

aw christ ...

:puke:
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Please tell katee84 to ignore arnoldo. He's just trying to derail the thread.

Time is passing and STILL NO RESPONSE FROM BYRON.

You'd think with all the money the HLP must be raking in from the books and movie deal, that they could at least fork out enough to buy Byron a pair. No?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

starting to really HATE that bitch.

How's the post, tho ?
Can you punch it up, in a few short sentences, that KT can
just keep posting and posting when arnoldo tries to derail ?

I really liked the last paragraph, tho it has nothing to do with the
point at hand. Notice that it's all "Kevin" and no mention of the
Other Guy ? Like that. And the "no need to twist Frank's words
and ideas into things they don't say or mean" is almost poetry.

And I'm not holding my breath for Merritt. He's spending less than
five minutes every other day on his board, and only posts something
with what could be called an idea once week or less.

Hi there, Merritt ! You're a weasley bitch. And your little dog, too.
ImageImage

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:And I'm not holding my breath for Merritt. He's spending less than
five minutes every other day on his board ...
Truth. He has punted.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:You're a weasley bitch. And your little dog, too.
:lol:

And your little dog 'Noldo, too. ;)