Wanna go commando with KJA?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Wanna go commando with KJA?

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

OK, if you don't want to do it (completely understandable!), one of us should try. Probably won't work since they have your name and address, but it never hurts to try. ;)
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

I'll go ahead and log on tomorrow and see what it's all about. It really should be a great laugh! :D
Schu

Post by Schu »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

OK, if you don't want to do it (completely understandable!), one of us should try. Probably won't work since they have your name and address, but it never hurts to try. ;)
I imagine that they wouldn't bother to do any IP/location comparisons unless something was "suspicious" about that commando.
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

Ok. I have signed up over there. You guys have no idea the shilling that goes on there. This is from their welcome page. "Kevin is very excited to offer a place where the special forces can gather. There are lots of ways-both large and small-to help out, and we've listed them below. To show our appreciation for your efforts, we have developed a way to reward those of you who are most active. We have set up a system based on the various things you accomplish, and you'll earn points toward receiving Kevin's thank you gifts, as listed below: 5 points-autographed paperback, 10 pts-wordfire water bottle, 20-autographed hardback, 30-Butlerian Jihad coffee mug, 40-KJA Special Forces T-shirt,(and the grandaddy) 50 pts-Kevin incorporates your name into an upcoming novel. For example, if you post five reviews on Amazon, you'll receive an autographed paperback. Then if you have two of your friends list Kevin in the books section on MySpace, post a Roswell Six song on your profile, join and post on the Dune Facebook group, and write a blog about one of Kevin's projects, you'll receive a Wordfire logo water bottle. The points continue to accumulate even after you reach each thank you level. To receive a thank you gift, all you need to do is keep track of your own points, and when you are ready to redeem them, simply send a message to diane@wordfire.com NOTE: thank you gifts may be exchanged, blah blah..."
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

Here are the categories for KJA's forum: Ask KJA, Scorecard, Publicity suggestions, Things Kevin wants to talk about. Then we have Special content section that contains preview chapters and short stories. Then you have the book/story discussion which contains the following categories: comics/graphic novels, KJA books, music/lyrics, and short stories. There are pages of shameless gushing over Kevin and his works of brilliance that just make you wanna puke :puke:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

indyman911 wrote:Here are the categories for KJA's forum: Ask KJA, Scorecard, Publicity suggestions, Things Kevin wants to talk about. Then we have Special content section that contains preview chapters and short stories. Then you have the book/story discussion which contains the following categories: comics/graphic novels, KJA books, music/lyrics, and short stories. There are pages of shameless gushing over Kevin and his works of brilliance that just make you wanna puke :puke:
You can say that again! :vomit:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

And again... :puke:
Bloody hell :shock: that sounds horribly horrific
How long has this shill factory been up and running?

Do we get points of one-star reviews? 'Cos I want to see Chigger in the next book :)

(Sorry, forgot to say: Welcome! :D)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um...

MAJOR BUG SCORE!!! :lol:

There's a really simple way to get in over there. I posted and told them about it (and how to fix it) but promised I wouldn't tell people how to get in for 24 hours.

I didn't say I wouldn't tell people there's an exploit. ;)

I've downloaded everything that looked interesting, but haven't gone through it all yet. Sent Rebecca and TAZ (yes, of course he's there, under his real name :roll: ) PMs.

It's really quite majestically pathetic in its way. :(

Oh, yeah: Bronso escapes from his death cell somehow. ;)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:Image

:clap: :dance:

Nice!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I think Im more stunned by Chigger's stalking like prowl of all things KJA then I am by the fact he built himself a fan site to stroke his ego.

And I wonder, does KJA go home and tell his wife about that crazy talifan known as chigger, or what? Does he know you exist and does he hate your existance, or do you pretend to be a fan?
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:TAZ of Dune is the next trilogy.. Zeus and Normacle have a baby. named... OMNIUS!!!! then they travel back in time and put the sandworms on dune...
:shock:
Oh, god, I think I'm gonna... :puke-front:
Good, I'm feeling bet-- :puke-huge:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, god, this is going to be fun reading, probably keep me busy all day!
DebRay, Global Moderator, in thread IMPORTANT REMINDER wrote:This is a private members-only site and we should not call attention to it on the outside with links from any open KJA sites. We probably can't keep the Special Forces a secret forever, but as soon as the trolls know about it, they will try to hack into it or infiltrate the site in some manner. You might think that this sounds paranoid? But, let me tell you about a very recent occurrence. One of the worst characters you can imagine set up a Twitter account impersonating Kevin. This impersonator claimed to be Kevin, using his copyrighted photo and book cover art, as well as sending vile and insulting letters to many of Kevin's friends, colleagues and editors. That is how low some of these people can, and will stoop.

Our goal is for this site to be a safe and pleasant place for Kevin’s Special Forces Members to discuss, and show their enthusiasm for all things related to KJA’s myriad projects.

Deb Ray, AnderZone Big Cheese
OH MY GOD, HOW HORRIBLE!!!
DSquared wrote:Ahh.....I do indeed understand! Are you guys planning on some kind of screening process as new users register? I am not sure how to tell is someone is a secret member of the "talifan" but it sure would be nice to avoid dealing with that sort.
Ooh, we're a sort now! :roll:

DSquared ... a name I recognize. The "D" is for DICKHEAD. He's on DN and has posted a suck-up review on Amazon.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Got an email notification of a reply from 'Becca:
You have just been sent a personal message by RebeccaMoesta on KJA Special Forces.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Hi, SC,

Because this forum is for people who like and are willing to recommend Kevin's work, I'll just say hello, I'm healing well, and 'bye.

ciao.
Well bless her heart, ain't she gracious and genteel? :D
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, god, this is going to be fun reading, probably keep me busy all day!
DebRay, Global Moderator, in thread IMPORTANT REMINDER wrote:This is a private members-only site and we should not call attention to it on the outside with links from any open KJA sites. We probably can't keep the Special Forces a secret forever, but as soon as the trolls know about it, they will try to hack into it or infiltrate the site in some manner. You might think that this sounds paranoid? But, let me tell you about a very recent occurrence. One of the worst characters you can imagine set up a Twitter account impersonating Kevin. This impersonator claimed to be Kevin, using his copyrighted photo and book cover art, as well as sending vile and insulting letters to many of Kevin's friends, colleagues and editors. That is how low some of these people can, and will stoop.

Our goal is for this site to be a safe and pleasant place for Kevin’s Special Forces Members to discuss, and show their enthusiasm for all things related to KJA’s myriad projects.

OH MY GOD, HOW HORRIBLE!!!
DSquared wrote:Ahh.....I do indeed understand! Are you guys planning on some kind of screening process as new users register? I am not sure how to tell is someone is a secret member of the "talifan" but it sure would be nice to avoid dealing with that sort.
Ooh, we're a sort now! :roll:

DSquared ... a name I recognize. The "D" is for DICKHEAD. He's on DN and has posted a suck-up review on Amazon.
So he does know who you are.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

:lol: It's not paranoia if it's actually happening...
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He knows who I am, but, again, I wasn't the impersonator on Twitter.
KJA in thread Being seen and being heard (emphasis added) wrote:Over the years I have had fairly close contact with many of my fans via e-mail, MySpace, regular mail, public appearances and book signings. This has been a personal pleasure for me, and I hope for you as well. But it never occurred to me (too focused on my writing, I guess) that you all were a wonderful untapped resource. I never thought about asking anybody to join a fan group or post reviews on amazon.com, or mention my name in blogs, or just talk to your friends.

Of course, those sorts of things did occur to a few detractors, and for years a group of people have gone out of their way to attack any book of mine that gets published. Before HOUSE ATREIDES was even published, these guys (I call them "talifan" -- they hate it) posted *sixty* one-star reviews on amazon...and none of them had read it yet. Within 10 hours after PAUL OF DUNE was published, they posted 11 one-star reviews (again, none of them had read it). They say things like "I hated all thirteen of the YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS novels, and now this #14 is the worst of all of them!" Umm, does their bookstore not carry any other novels? Why keep reading book after book, and posting hate reviews, if you don't like my writing style?
There he goes with the Talifan again ... he doesn't get why it's offensive, you know?

And how does he know people who posted reviews quickly hadn't read the book?
They have posted photos of me with knives photoshopped up against my throat. One person recently impersonated me on Twitter, stealing my copyrighted photo and book cover art, claiming to be me, and posting vile and offensive comments to my editors, my colleagues, and my friends, as if it were me. There's currently someone impersonating Brian Herbert on Twitter (but doing it badly and has only 2 followers). Within a few hours of Rebecca announcing a new Facebook fan page for my books, one of these guys hurled four venomous comments at her (and at the few of you who had already signed up), before we managed to kick him out. They have mocked Rebecca for her recent surgery, mocked me because I like to hike, hooted with insults because we recently had water damage in our book storage area.
I mock him because I no longer believes he dictahikes like he says he does.
Now, I've published 100 books and have 20 million copies in print in 30 languages, so I certainly don't expect everybody to love everything I've written. But if you don't like something, then find a different book to read. Don't attack anybody else who happens to enjoy my books -- or anybody's books, for that matter.
Yes Sir!
With all that, I've probably scared you away! For those of you still here, I would encourage you to join some of the KJA, Dune, Seven Suns, Star Wars fan sites out there, post some comments. Here, as part of the Special Forces, we can have great discussions, and I will try to personally answer as many of your questions and postings as I can...but I'd also very much appreciate having your help to spread the word. (Wow, did that sound self-serving...sorry.) Only do what you're comfortable doing, and what you would enjoy doing.

If you do join some of the Dune discussion groups, or outside KJA groups, you will be doing me a tremendous favor. Be aware that you may encounter some truly unpleasant characters. If I can ask another favor, and I know I have already asked quite a few, but if you do bump into some of these people, please take the high road. Don't stoop to their sewer -- I promise, you aren't going to change their minds with reason or logical arguments. We're better than that. There really are fewer than 5-10 of these guys, so we can easily outnumber them. Please don't respond with insults and foul language.

Time to get off the soapbox. Thanks for listening, everybody.

KJA
Yeah, there are only five to ten of us. :roll:
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

SandChigger wrote:Um...

There's a really simple way to get in over there. I posted and told them about it (and how to fix it) but promised I wouldn't tell people how to get in for 24 hours.

I didn't say I wouldn't tell people there's an exploit. ;)

I've downloaded everything that looked interesting, but haven't gone through it all yet. Sent Rebecca and TAZ (yes, of course he's there, under his real name :roll: ) PMs.

It's really quite majestically pathetic in its way. :(

Oh, yeah: Bronso escapes from his death cell somehow. ;)
Damn.. You shouldn't have told them!
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

indyman911 wrote:... For example, if you post five reviews on Amazon, you'll receive an autographed paperback.
And now we can expect shill reviews for Jessica Has Wind at a rate that will make the fakery for Waterworms and Pauline seem tame.

I swear, I keep saying "I've never seen anything more pathetic" when it comes to this hack and his desperate need for acceptance, and I keep having to correct myself. But this ... this has to be the most pathetic thing that any alleged "professional" writer has ever done. Points for ass-kissing? Yeah, somehow, Hemingway and Faulkner managed to get along just fine without doing anything so degrading.

What a fucking clown you are, Kevin.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Someone should post a link to this site on the dunenovels board: seeing as this is practically a Dune forum (by the standards of the blog at least) :wink:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Yeah, there are only five to ten of us.
What a fucking swollen, infected asshole Keith is.

Can someone log on to that new "Give KJA A Cyber-Blow" site and remind him that he's loathed by not only Dune fans, but also:
  • Star Wars fans
    X-Files fans
    Starcraft fans
    Fans of certain comics series
    And many, many other people whose lips don't move when they read
"5 to 10," my ass. Do a Google search on your name sometime, you insufferable hack, and you'll see just how well-loved you are.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Well. Goodness. Mercy me.

Wow.

I'd been skipping this thread, because I've only had a few minutes
a day to skim over the new posts. Kinda cool, tho, to read it all
at once.

First off, Chigger, when the next noDune comes out, ALL of Keith's
instructions to the shills that were just posted should be reposted all
over the Amazon review pages, ESPECIALLY the "reward list" -
we've speculated that the shills got free bullshit for their bogus reviews -
here's proof straight from the horse's ass's mouth.

Number two - I've got the HerbertBrian Twatter thing on RSS feed -
so there's more than "2 followers", hack. Whoever is doing that should
also stop. I appreciate the effort and intent, but you're not all that funny -
satire has to be biting and with a cutting edge of the truth that hurts. (And
I STILL don't know who "TehKJA" was, and I'm still pissed about that.)

Three - Keith J. Blanderson is an asshat pickle-fucker. (Chig was right again)

Four: Oh. My. G-D.

as for indyman911, I claim this One for myself.

Welcome. Your Water is Mine.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:Whoever is doing that should
also stop. I appreciate the effort and intent, but you're not all that funny -
satire has to be biting and with a cutting edge of the truth that hurts.
You beat me to it.

Yes, if it's someone from here, please do one of two things with your Brian Herbert "humor":

1. Stop;

2. Make it funny.

It's a completely laugh-free zone right now. Or at least it was before I de-listed it.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

You're my hero Chigger.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh, you've got to post more pictures of this place. I want as much dirt on them as possible. Can you get me screen shots of KJA's post that you quoted. And Deb too. If they try to pull any crap, I want to be ready for their "overwhelming and organized shills" tactic.

I love the dramatic language. Do I think you sound paranoid, Deb? No, you sound naive! She talks like flaming and harsh criticism are some kind of crime. If I were to learn that "Deb" actually considered that joke an "identity theft" of the most heinous kind, it wouldn't surprise me. I can hear her 911 call right now. Hopefully her next post on the subject of critics will be even more theatrical ;)
KJA in thread Being seen and being heard (emphasis added) wrote:Over the years I have had fairly close contact with many of my fans via e-mail, MySpace, regular mail, public appearances and book signings. This has been a personal pleasure for me, and I hope for you as well. But it never occurred to me (too focused on my writing, I guess) that you all were a wonderful untapped resource. I never thought about asking anybody to join a fan group or post reviews on amazon.com, or mention my name in blogs, or just talk to your friends.

Of course, those sorts of things did occur to a few detractors, and for years a group of people have gone out of their way to attack any book of mine that gets published. Before HOUSE ATREIDES was even published, these guys (I call them "talifan" -- they hate it) posted *sixty* one-star reviews on amazon...and none of them had read it yet. Within 10 hours after PAUL OF DUNE was published, they posted 11 one-star reviews (again, none of them had read it). They say things like "I hated all thirteen of the YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS novels, and now this #14 is the worst of all of them!" Umm, does their bookstore not carry any other novels? Why keep reading book after book, and posting hate reviews, if you don't like my writing style?
Oh, so now the true plot and intentions are revealed. Mr. Blanderson wants to organize his fans into a counter offensive against the evil, mighty barbarian hordes rampaging against him. "Special Forces" indeed :roll:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

what offends me most about the "talifan" thing is the "fan" part.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008