Kevin and Becky will teach you to write for $549

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Re: Kevin and Becky will teach you to write for $549

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Om. Mah. Gawed.

I mean...

Ohmygawd! :shock:

Jack, don't hold back! Go look already!!!!

well i looked and I don't want to suffer alone so there you go you cowards :D
The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
Wot?

nb for the Chig': i think this is going to make some great material for some good ole fashionned below the belt hackery mockery :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:well i looked and I don't want to suffer alone so there you go you cowards :D
Wot?
You complete Bastard. :)
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

:shock:

that's actually worse than I was thinking.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
lotek

Post by lotek »

inhuien wrote:
lotek wrote:well i looked and I don't want to suffer alone so there you go you cowards :D
Wot?
to put it in the words of Lou:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... eoid=97499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:
inhuien wrote:
Wot?
to put it in the words of Lou:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... eoid=97499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ach. ach, ach, myspud never!!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Oh we have sooo much fun with the serial romance titles at work.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Looks like one of the braintrusts has finally figured out that they reserved the convention center for three days so they've added an extra day to the seminar. :lol:

The price has also gone up, to $649. (But that's still a savings of $550 if you're an "early bird" and sign up before 1/1/2010!)

Just in case anyone had the mistaken idea this was going to be a casual, friendly affair...
Want to be treated like a VIP, or spend some quality time with the authors? We're also offering, in limited quantities, VIP seating and a Saturday dinner with the authors:

VIP Reserved Seating $75 (limited to 40)
This will reserve you a seat in the first few rows for the seminar. You'll get an up-close experience with the authors.
Exclusive Saturday Dinner $150 (limited to 25)
Enjoy a "special access" dinner with all 5 authors at an up-scale local restaurant. This will give you a chance to ask your important questions in a more personal setting
These two options can be added during checkout!

Is there any doubt this is just a cash-grab?

Wow. I especially like the "up-scale local restaurant" clarification. I mean, without that I'd have envisioned paying $150 for a burger and fries at a McDonald's or KFC, you know?

:roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

This shit just keeps getting better and better. I wonder if Becca has a sideline hawking fairy statuettes on QVC?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

"special access"
:? :think: :think: :think: ..... :o :( :terror:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

What a shameless cash-grab.

The worst part for me is not what TheKevin is doing; we all know he is a truly awful person. It's that the clueless Herberts are, once again, just sitting back and doing nothing to protect the treasure they've been given. At the very least, you think there be some concern along the lines of, "Hey, Kevin: your sleazy plea for cash makes our shared venture — Dune; you remember Dune, right? — look cheap and tawdry. Please stop."

Hell, a real literary trust wouldn't let some random clown make them look so bad in the first place; they simply wouldn't allow this sort of tacky, hard-sell bullshit.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm sure the price is going up because the seats are selling sooo fast. When someone offers you a deal on 'VIP' seating it generally means they want the front rows to actually be full...

as for amazingly horrific romance, Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Vow-Micha ... y_b_text_b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An interview with Michael Schiefelbein author of Vampire Vow

"I wanted Jesus. That's how it started. Yes, the Jesus they built a religion on, the one they say rose from the dead."

With this opening sentence, it becomes immediately clear that this is not a typical novel, and by the time you have raced through the remaining 213 blood-soaked, terrifying pages, it is clear that Vampire Vow is not a typical vampire novel either.

Victor Decimus is perhaps the most horrifyingly amoral creature of the night ever created, and yet in Michael Schiefelbein's skilled hands he is almost as attractive as he is repellent. Combining sex, religion, and blood lust is a tricky business and not for the faint of heart, but as we discovered from our conversation with Vampire Vow author Michael Schiefelbein, he knows whereof he speaks:

Alyson: Your novel violates quite a few taboos-the sex-religion combination, the subject of Jesus' sexuality, vampires and Jesus-I mean, you have a man falling in love with Jesus and becoming a vampire to spite him. Are you nervous about reactions?

Michael Schiefelbein: Like crosses burning on my lawn? The thought has crossed my mind, especially here in the Bible Belt. But I strongly believe in a real, human Jesus who might have been gay. Who knows? And to me, the ultimate tribute you can pay someone is to desire him, body and soul. In terms of sex in the novel, it's appropriate. Victor, the protagonist, is a ruthless, passionate Roman guard who uses sex to assert his power. He's not admirable for that, but his fury with depictions of Jesus as otherworldly and asexual is justified. Victor certainly exploits the Church by posing as a monk and pretending to play according to the monastery's rules. But he also brings some flesh and blood-no pun intended-into spirituality.

Alyson: So the idea of Jesus as a lover isn't blasphemous to you?

MS: Some of the great Christian mystics saw him that way-St. John of the C
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The Gay Jesus ... there's a NEW idear! :lol:
Ampoliros wrote:I'm sure the price is going up because the seats are selling sooo fast. When someone offers you a deal on 'VIP' seating it generally means they want the front rows to actually be full...
Yeah, otherwise the photo op pix don't look so great! :D

(Of course, considering who's going to be center stage in them, maybe there won't be any photos? At least none that aren't retouched to remove the gravitational distortions caused when those fat asses move...)

I rechecked the Pasadena Convention Center schedule; still shows the same entry I posted before:
Superstars Writing Seminars
Date: Friday, 03/19/10 7:00 AM - Sunday, 03/21/10 9:00 PM
Open To The Public
Who wants to bet that whoever reserved the space fucked up the dates, they didn't notice until it was too late to change them and they found out they would still have to pay for the extra day, so they cooked up this story about "too much to do", jacked up the price and came up with the VIP seating idea to cover the costs of the extra day and keep from having their margin eaten into? :lol:

I can see it.

As for the Herberts being a real literary trust ... snort! What the fuck have they done in that respect, really? Brian's laughable biography of his father? Ten "Dune" books of sun-ripened shit? Right.

I guess you can't blame Brian for being anti-academic, though. If he remembers anything of his university years it's probably something like, "Duuuuude! How wasted AM I?!"
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Who wants to bet that whoever reserved the space fucked up the dates, they didn't notice until it was too late to change them and they found out they would still have to pay for the extra day, so they cooked up this story about "too much to do", jacked up the price and came up with the VIP seating idea to cover the costs of the extra day and keep from having their margin eaten into?
I absolutely, with no hesitation whatsoever, believe this to be the case.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Remember, folks, there's no real evidence except the original difference in the registration dates on the SuperStars & PCC websites.

And a growing record of hinkey fuck-ups. ;)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Ampoliros wrote:I'm sure the price is going up because the seats are selling sooo fast. When someone offers you a deal on 'VIP' seating it generally means they want the front rows to actually be full...

as for amazingly horrific romance, Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Vow-Micha ... y_b_text_b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An interview with Michael Schiefelbein author of Vampire Vow

"I wanted Jesus. That's how it started. Yes, the Jesus they built a religion on, the one they say rose from the dead."

With this opening sentence, it becomes immediately clear that this is not a typical novel, and by the time you have raced through the remaining 213 blood-soaked, terrifying pages, it is clear that Vampire Vow is not a typical vampire novel either.

Victor Decimus is perhaps the most horrifyingly amoral creature of the night ever created, and yet in Michael Schiefelbein's skilled hands he is almost as attractive as he is repellent. Combining sex, religion, and blood lust is a tricky business and not for the faint of heart, but as we discovered from our conversation with Vampire Vow author Michael Schiefelbein, he knows whereof he speaks:

Alyson: Your novel violates quite a few taboos-the sex-religion combination, the subject of Jesus' sexuality, vampires and Jesus-I mean, you have a man falling in love with Jesus and becoming a vampire to spite him. Are you nervous about reactions?

Michael Schiefelbein: Like crosses burning on my lawn? The thought has crossed my mind, especially here in the Bible Belt. But I strongly believe in a real, human Jesus who might have been gay. Who knows? And to me, the ultimate tribute you can pay someone is to desire him, body and soul. In terms of sex in the novel, it's appropriate. Victor, the protagonist, is a ruthless, passionate Roman guard who uses sex to assert his power. He's not admirable for that, but his fury with depictions of Jesus as otherworldly and asexual is justified. Victor certainly exploits the Church by posing as a monk and pretending to play according to the monastery's rules. But he also brings some flesh and blood-no pun intended-into spirituality.

Alyson: So the idea of Jesus as a lover isn't blasphemous to you?

MS: Some of the great Christian mystics saw him that way-St. John of the C
St John of the Cock?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Looks like one of the braintrusts has finally figured out that they reserved the convention center for three days so they've added an extra day to the seminar. :lol:

The price has also gone up, to $649. (But that's still a savings of $550 if you're an "early bird" and sign up before 1/1/2010!)

Just in case anyone had the mistaken idea this was going to be a casual, friendly affair...
Want to be treated like a VIP, or spend some quality time with the authors? We're also offering, in limited quantities, VIP seating and a Saturday dinner with the authors:

VIP Reserved Seating $75 (limited to 40)
This will reserve you a seat in the first few rows for the seminar. You'll get an up-close experience with the authors.
Exclusive Saturday Dinner $150 (limited to 25)
Enjoy a "special access" dinner with all 5 authors at an up-scale local restaurant. This will give you a chance to ask your important questions in a more personal setting
These two options can be added during checkout!

Is there any doubt this is just a cash-grab?

Wow. I especially like the "up-scale local restaurant" clarification. I mean, without that I'd have envisioned paying $150 for a burger and fries at a McDonald's or KFC, you know?

:roll:
Hmm, wonder what dinner at an up-scale restaurant with Comb-Over and his bumchums would be like?

"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I bet that repressed homo hack who fantasises about vampire bumfun with gay Jesus will ply Comb-Over with cheap booze for a night of flab-wobbling passion in their motel.

I hope no one turns up to their stinking workshop, the greedy twats.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

chanilover wrote:Image
There are some things, once seen, cannot be unseen. My innocence has been shattered and can never be repaired.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Who wants to bet that whoever reserved the space fucked up the dates, they didn't notice until it was too late to change them and they found out they would still have to pay for the extra day, so they cooked up this story about "too much to do", jacked up the price and came up with the VIP seating idea to cover the costs of the extra day and keep from having their margin eaten into?
I absolutely, with no hesitation whatsoever, believe this to be the case.
ditto. You nailed it.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
lotek

Post by lotek »

I just had to mention that "little guy" at the back with the haunted look on his face, I think I found why

does that look like a midget's foot to you too? :?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

lotek wrote:does that look like a midget's foot to you too? :?
Probably just a leftover from lunch. :P
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Not a lot of water in that hot tub
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Free liquid water, you mean. ;)

(Does the 55%~60% water/body weight ratio hold for fat people, too? :? )
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I'd think it would given a large BMI, but then I started a quick google and then I got bored and a little :oops: that I'm so (.) to even look.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(.) being anal retentive? :lol: