DuneNovels is coming back!!!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: DuneNovels is coming back!!!!

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:And ironically, he created a small flurry of posts HERE by starting this thread. :lol:
:dance:

I don't think it can get much deader over there.

He's only mostly dead.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Yeah, but as he pointed out, or at least inferred, the only reason it's so busy over here is because we have no lives whilst the Dungnovel members are too busy in real life to post much. Well, I suppose those cheesburgers won't make themselves, will they?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

chanilover wrote:Yeah, but as he pointed out, or at least inferred, the only reason it's so busy over here is because we have no lives whilst the Dungnovel members are too busy in real life to post much. Well, I suppose those cheesburgers won't make themselves, will they?
yeah the typical argument of the internet useless...
but why start a forum if you're too busy making it live?

in this case the answer would be: he's a douche
Spice is the worm's gonads.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

lotek wrote:
chanilover wrote:Yeah, but as he pointed out, or at least inferred, the only reason it's so busy over here is because we have no lives whilst the Dungnovel members are too busy in real life to post much. Well, I suppose those cheesburgers won't make themselves, will they?
yeah the typical argument of the internet useless...
but why start a forum if you're too busy making it live?

in this case the answer would be: he's a douche
Fries with that, sir?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Post Flurry Tuesdays at DN!!!

Let's see what's new today...

:(
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

:lol: Flurry fail.

The night is yet young...
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:laughing:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Ha, I'd forgotten that today was the day. :lol: There is 1 post from today over there, something in the fanfic section.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Is Onasander a girl, or what?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Sandwurm88 wrote:Is Onasander a girl, or what?
Who cares? The point is that it actually hurt DN. Too much pressure I guess.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Holy shit there's been a flurry of... wait, no there hasn't.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I just did a quick search of members of DN by total posts.

Of the top 10 who didn't have accounts deleted, 6 are OH members who don't post there any longer, with Freak still being #1.

Pathetic.

A Thing of Eternity

I think it's toast. They'll keep it up and running until the movie is released, hoping that that will spark interest, then if they're smart they'll shut it down. Hell, if they were smart they'd shut it down now - all it is is a monument to their corruption. As long as it stands anyone casually researching Dune can see laid bare how they treat fans, and how unpopular their methods and books really are.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:...Freak still being #1.
I rule! :dance:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I think it's toast. They'll keep it up and running until the movie is released, hoping that that will spark interest, then if they're smart they'll shut it down.
Agreed.

I'll go a step further, too: I think a lot of the Herbert Leech Parade's plans revolve around the movie. They just need to keep everything chugging along — McDune series included — until the movie finally appears. Then everyone cashes a fat check ... a check with many more zeroes than they could ever hope to see with Hacky and Bobo's upcoming Third Sardaukar from the Left of DUNE.

I think there might be some changes made after the movie. Of course, at this rate, we won't know any of this until about 2013.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

They've had two posts today!
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

both yours ?

yours & russian spambot ?

yours & arnie's next chapter of Speedbuggy of Dune ?

nah ... both yours, right ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Onasander

Post by Onasander »

As long as it stands anyone casually researching Dune can see laid bare how they treat fans, and how unpopular their methods and books really are.
The forum is unpopular- no shit, no one is disputing that. However, this does not carry over to the popularity of their books, which do appear to be quite popular and the sales don't appear to be dependent upon the success of their forum.

People posting on the internet- especially on a regular basis on Dune, only represent a very, very small faction of the fan base- if there was a Dune heaven, most of you would likely opt for hell to escape most of the Denizens roaming aimlessly up there. This forum' opinions really doesn't matter in the big stretch- the exact same thing you tell to members joining up saying your crazy- that they are not real members and opinions really don't count- applies to this little group over all. Is it fair- no- obviously your more passionate about Dune that some sci-fi fan who only buys the books, or watch the DVDs- or attends the occasional Sci-Fi conference.

Dune Novels would do better just to chuck the forum, and replace it with videoclips from a point of view of tier own success.... a few 20 minute discussions, exclusive there would still make that site far more popular than this one ever could be- and it couldn't even be said to compete as if wouldn't have a forum where the crazies or fanatics roam, belching their hatred.

I think that's my main quibble with ever aligning with this site- it's a Dune Hater site, obsessed with KJA. Fuck- I can't bring myself to read anymore of his shit, and most of the books they produced outside the butlarian trilogy remains untouched- people here brag about reading all his books, and how awful they were- Sandy even admits to reading his Starwars crap..... THAT IS FUCKING SICK! Who the fuck would ever admit to reading all his crap. :puke: Why I think Sandy and KJA are one and the same- KJA is the only one who ever read all of his books.... no one else would ever fucking do that to themselves- such a person would turn impotent and deranged upon reading all that malicious crap. Hence why I don't even mention him very much, I don't want young kids even learning he wrote outside of Dune- if they end up reading the decaying, used shitpaper the books are printed on - I would be partially responsible for all the problems in their life form that point on.

And yes, you all can bend over and continue shoving it up your buddies ass next to you in your KJA butt-fuck chain- no one really cares about what your lot has to say, this site isn't really part of the Dune community, not has it earned it's place as a constructive point of criticism- it's just a bunch of deranged KJA fans who've been banned. It makes the task of criticism much harder as anyone who thinks the new books sucks have to distance themselves from this lot here on this site to be taken seriously. Don't get angry, don't reach for your tired arguments no one gives a fuck about anymore, just take the gun, and shoot yourself.

:puke: :crazy:
A Thing of Eternity

Ha, I like you, you make me smile. :)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I don't think he's real - troll, obviously, but more likely a sockpuppet ...

but okay, if this sietch isn't part of the "real Dune 'community'" (BTW, Jacurutu, Iduali, Outcast &etc)
and the Corporate Dune Forum is dead-n-stinkin, where pray tell O Great Master of the Dune-lore,
is the real 'community' where the 'real' discussions are taking place ?

Corporate Dune Facebook ?
Keith's blagh ?
C.H. Tabr ?

give me a linky, plz .... :roll:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Onasander wrote:that's my main quibble with ever aligning with this site
Seriously, WHO asked you to do anything of the sort? Freak, have you been being a forum slut again? :P
Sandy even admits to reading his Starwars crap.....
Who does what when where?! :?

If you're going to try to put someone down in some way, at least get your facts straight, eh? Otherwise you just end up looking like an even bigger dumbfuck. :lol: If by "Sandy" you meant me, then you're talking out your anus again as usual, because I have never ever read any of his Star Wars books and have never claimed otherwise. I've read the McDune books and looked through some of the Hidden Empire copy The Hack sent me and skimmed a lot of the first Terruh Incognizant volume. Other than that and samples of his shit online, haven't read him and don't plan to.

That clear and simple enough for you to understand, boyo?
no one really cares about what your lot has to say
Thanks for caring enough to pop 'round and tell us this! :lol:

Jeez o' Pete. Dumber than shit. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Now, let's see, where was I? Oh yeah...
Freakzilla wrote:They've had two posts today!
And one of them is ByrByr announcing he's JUST NOW reading The Satanic Verses? :shock: :roll:

I guess this is part of his new interest in things Islamic and Arabic? :laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

I don't think I've read that, I've read the Satanic Bible but I'm guessing that's not the same thing....
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
Onasander wrote:that's my main quibble with ever aligning with this site
Seriously, WHO asked you to do anything of the sort? Freak, have you been being a forum slut again? :P
Not lately.
~Pink Snowman
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

TheDukester wrote:Third Sardaukar from the Left of DUNE.
Nice. One the better ones, in fact. Not quite Jessica to the Winds of Dune, but up there... :-)