How hot are you?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

Re: How hot are you?

Post by trang »

KC.. MO

approaching 100 today HI 110, tomorrow Same Highs of 100 and HI near 110. Lows are around 77, but thats only for a couple hours in the early late morning (5am to 7am) runs right back up after sunrise.

the past 3 weeks(average between 95-100), on a meter from Suck at 1 to Great at 10, weather has been -4 to the SUCK.

Just Humid and Hot and Miserable, not record breaking surprisingly, just consistent.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

It's hot enough out here to be a Spike Lee movie.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

trang wrote:KC.. MO

approaching 100 today HI 110, tomorrow Same Highs of 100 and HI near 110. Lows are around 77, but thats only for a couple hours in the early late morning (5am to 7am) runs right back up after sunrise.

the past 3 weeks(average between 95-100), on a meter from Suck at 1 to Great at 10, weather has been -4 to the SUCK.

Just Humid and Hot and Miserable, not record breaking surprisingly, just consistent.
Same here in Lawrence (duh). Definitely the most consistently hot summer of the last three years. My peppers are loving it, the tomatoes not so much. :(
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Hot enough to fry a dog's brain.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:The weather's crap here. It must be summer.
Alhamdulissani! You live!

(Merkin was telling people you'd succumbed to nasal warts... he's nasty that way. :naughty: )
Freakzilla wrote:Hot enough to fry a dog's brain.
YUM! :D
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:
chanilover wrote:The weather's crap here. It must be summer.
Alhamdulissani! You live!

(Merkin was telling people you'd succumbed to nasal warts... he's nasty that way. :naughty: )
I never said that! Not "nasal" warts.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:naughty:
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Currently in Lawrence, KS it's 108, heat index is 117. It's a bit warm here i'd say. :oops:
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

We finally had some decent weather here since last June. 25 degrees C is not to bad for this country.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hot, hot, hot!

Ouch ouch ouch!

:(
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Stupid hot, like, government numbers.

Here's a first for me. After adjusting for thermal expansion, we found that acceptable cable tension exceeded the gauge on our tensionometer! We'll try again in the morning when it's cooler.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's expected to reach 97F today without the heat index, right now the humidity is 67%.
From Meteorologist Karen Minton

Heat Advisory today through Thursday at 8 pm. Dangerous heat and humidity push heat index temperatures to 106-110 for the next two days. Stay hydrated, get into air conditioned buildings, check on the elderly and children, and keep pets in a cool place with plenty of fresh cool water.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Fuck it. Our summer dropped to 20 degrees C again ... :x
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:It's expected to reach 97F today without the heat index, right now the humidity is 67%.
From Meteorologist Karen Minton

Heat Advisory today through Thursday at 8 pm. Dangerous heat and humidity push heat index temperatures to 106-110 for the next two days. Stay hydrated, get into air conditioned buildings, check on the elderly and children, and keep pets in a cool place with plenty of fresh cool water.
That heat index is in the shade, BTW. Add 15F for being in the sun.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Texas has hottest June-August on record

Post by Freakzilla »

By BETSY BLANEY - Associated Press | AP – 19 mins ago

..LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Weather officials say Texas just finished the hottest June through August on record in the U.S.

National Weather Service meteorologist Victor Murphy told The Associated Press Thursday that Texas' 86.8 degree Fahrenheit (30.4 Celsius) average beat out Oklahoma's 85.2 degrees (29.6 Celsius) in 1934.

That Dust Bowl year is now third on the list for the three-month span, behind No. 2 Oklahoma's heat wave this June through August at 86.5 degrees (30.3 Celsius).

Both states and others in the nation's southern tier have baked in triple-digit heat this summer.

Louisiana's heat this June through August puts it in the fourth spot all-time — 84.5 degrees (29.2 Celsius).
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I'm about to go walk my dogs. It's about 4:15 a.m. and 84.6 degrees outside. Oh, but it's supposed to "feel" like 82 degrees.
I bring nothing to the table.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN EL PASO TX/SANTA TERESA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY EVENING.
* EVENT: SNOW WILL BE DEVELOPING OVER THE SACRAMENTO MOUNTAINS LATE SUNDAY EVENING. MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE AREA STARTING EARLY MONDAY MORNING WITH SNOW ACCUMULATIONS 6 TO 12 INCHES POSSIBLE ABOVE 7000 FEET. LIGHTER ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED BELOW 7000 FEET.
* TIMING: RAIN WILL QUICKLY CHANGE TO SNOW AROUND MIDNIGHT AT THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS. SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH THE DAY MONDAY AND INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACT: ROADS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME SNOW COVERED WITH VISIBILITIES REDUCED TO A HALF MILE OF LESS IN THE HEAVIEST BANDS OF SNOW. TRAVEL WILL LIKELY BECOME DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE ACROSS PARTS OF THE REGION.
* WINDS: WINDS WILL BE SHIFTING TO THE WEST-SOUTHWEST SUNDAY NIGHT AND INCREASE TO AROUND 10 TO 20 MPH THROUGH THE DAY MONDAY.
* SNOW LEVELS: SNOW LEVELS WILL INITIALLY BE ABOVE 8000 FEET SUNDAY EVENING...BUT BY MONDAY MORNING WILL HAVE FALLEN TO AROUND 6500 FEET. SNOW LEVELS WILL BE DOWN TO THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAINS BY MONDAY AFTERNOON.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Nice to wait until school was out.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

PIX!

(I'm paying to take my family to see snow tomorrow. :roll: )
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Still no lasting snow on the ground in MN. Looks like we might make it until the end of the year without it. :dance:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:PIX!

(I'm paying to take my family to see snow tomorrow. :roll: )

Will do. Might even gets few of me on the four wheeler in a kilt.... :think:

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I am Soooooo hot...
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Car batteries & nipples will do that to you...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SadisticCynic wrote:Car batteries & nipples will do that to you...
I use Fire Alarm System Batteries... last for 24 hours after a blackout then 15 minutes in alarm. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

It's really nice up here, just barely below 0 even at 1 in the morning right now. Calgary has these crazy wind systems that come in a few/many times a winter from the mountains called chinooks that warm everything way way up. Winter here is childs play.

Just 3 hours to the north, Edmonton is pretty serious about winter, it gets cold then it damned well stays fucking cold for 1/3-1/2 of the bloody year. Nothing compared to some places way up north, but -30 or on rare occasions -40 is pretty deadly.
trang

Post by trang »

hit 49 F yesterday, dry as bone. We had a dusting about two weeks ago. Our first real chance for snow is predicted for monday night into tuesday, couple inches maybe, temp around 37 for day. After that temp goes back up to mid 40's so anything we get will be gone by friday.

The weather guessers predicted a milder winter than last year ( we had over 40 inches of snow last year). Somewhere in the neighborhood of 28 inches for the season.

that probably means we are gonna get hammered in january.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."