"Heroes" to be a tetralogy now

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

orald

Post by orald »

Ah, blast you, Chig, I was gonna make that joke! :cry:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:They're used to slipping things in between, though.

They've been slipping their cocks in between Frank's (legacy's? corpse's?) bumcheeks for years now.

I think I am going to go ahead with that raping the corpse image I contemplated doing a few months back.

Screw 'em.
Yep...

Btw, can anyone verify there actually was said picture posted on the internet?

(I kept wondering why would Brian be scared by the picture, if there really was one, unless while in one of his usual semi-lucid states, he thought he was looking in a mirror!)
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Leto of Dune: complete refabrication of the purpose of the golden path -> GP is now about mobilizing humanity in the future to face off against machine threat... oh wait never mind we'll fuck that up, i'll just breed a super-duncan to uber-merge with er-ass-mus... yeah thats what the golden path was, never mind scattering or siona genes, I had a chat with normacle and she told me that all i have to do is depend on duncan's loyalty to the atreides so someday when my vision of the future is clouded by the siona genes and I can no longer control the future, my little swordmaster can become a machine symbiote... yah thats what we'll do cuz norma said so. and i'll probably fantasize about my sister a bit in KJAs chapters [incest is an important anderson tradition as demonstrated by certain individuals]
What i am also afraid of is that they will turn Leto into an action hero of some kind, just because at the end of Children Leto does all those tests (lifting a frigate, drinking poison,etc) and they'll want to use that...

They are gonna send Leto and his sidekick Duncan on many adventures with the Muadru, Norma and Vorian... :roll:

(Put exploding smiley here)
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

i agree that the new books will be abominations...but its gonna be hard to realize how terrible they are without reading them..some of you havent read humpers and handworms...but you should...gives you alot more ammo..and just reinforces your arguments with fresh new ammunition ...i will buy all of the heroes books
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Tyrant wrote:i agree that the new books will be abominations...but its gonna be hard to realize how terrible they are without reading them..some of you havent read humpers and handworms...but you should...gives you alot more ammo..and just reinforces your arguments with fresh new ammunition ...i will buy all of the heroes books
nononononononono ... you don't HAVE to buy them when there are pdf's available. I have no doubts that also the heroes books will end up as "free" pdf's.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Serkanner wrote:
Tyrant wrote:i agree that the new books will be abominations...but its gonna be hard to realize how terrible they are without reading them..some of you havent read humpers and handworms...but you should...gives you alot more ammo..and just reinforces your arguments with fresh new ammunition ...i will buy all of the heroes books
nononononononono ... you don't HAVE to buy them when there are pdf's available. I have no doubts that also the heroes books will end up as "free" pdf's.
Do you have access to "free" .pdfs of Sandworms and Hunters? If so PLEASE PM or email me. I would love to get my hands on those :evil:
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, don't buy something you hate, d/l it! :twisted:

Or was it just "don't buy, d/l"? :roll:

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Do you have access to "free" .pdfs of Sandworms and Hunters? If so PLEASE PM or email me. I would love to get my hands on those :evil:
I posted all links to PDF's but I have no idea in which topic it was.

here are they again:

Hunters
sandworms
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't know how y'all can do that to yourselves, but I admire your courage.

:shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't know how y'all can do that to yourselves, but I admire your courage.

Oh, I'm not going to read them in their entirety again or anything, I just want to pull quotes out of them, completely out of context, to support my arguments against them :twisted:
orald

Post by orald »

Wouldn't out-of-context quotes actually streangthen them considering the weakness of the actual in-context? :P

In-context? That doesn't sound right, what's the opposite of out-of-context?

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The Sandworms one doesn't include the acknowledgements or opening quotes. Neither includes page numbers.

Futz futz futz.

This'll save some scan time, but they'll still have to be cleaned up and checked. :D

("In-context" is fine.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't know how y'all can do that to yourselves, but I admire your courage.

I am not planning on actually reading them. I need to print them so I can burn them when P&B visit Holland. I
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Amazon.com: Would Frank Herbert have enjoyed the prequels?

Herbert: It's not as good as Frank Herbert writing the story, but it's as good as anyone can do right now. We're not going to milk this. We're not going to carry on too far. We still feel the great passion, the great energy for the story.
I'm bored, so I found this. Chigger, I think you can just reply with nothing but your signature :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

LOVE IT!!!

I don't know about YOU LOT, but I FEEL THE G*DDAMNED PASSION, TOO, NOW! I'M BURSTIN' WITH ENERGY!

GYROS OF DUNG! SMELLHOLE! BRING THEM OWUN!!!! :twisted:
A Thing of Eternity

And they're not really very fond of us.

And they're not really fond of us. But it's relevant. I was watching when we went into Iraq and I thought "This is scary, because it's like the Emperor Shaddam going to fight the Fremen." It looked like Bush was acting like Emperor Shaddam, as in "Well, we have the right here, we have the bigger armies, so we're going to walk in and take over everything." He's fighting against the Fremen, these people that are disappearing in the night. They lob a couple of grenades at us and then disappear. It was so creepy that Frank Herbert set all this stuff up thirty-five years ago. Well, 40 years ago, now.

It is amazing, really. And the thinking machines, as well: Artificial intelligence.

There is all that, although that's the one where we're working with it in The Butlerian Jihad. When Frank Herbert did that in the sixties, it was a realistic fear that computers would become super powerful and take over, and men would be enslaved and that's how he set up this whole future. I don't think anybody is particularly worried anymore that their Apple Macintosh is going to take over the world. In fact, in the Terminator movies James Cameron was using a lot of stuff that was set up in the Dune books.
This is an interview with KJA that I thought was kinda funny. I'm all for praising FH, but false praise does more damage than good. As far as comparing the Emperor assaulting the Fremen to Bush... and saying "it's amazing FH saw all this coming". Pretty silly considering Vietnam was going on when the book was written - and it's the same situation. And both KJA and the interviewer ar amazed that FH thought up machines that think in the sixties? - "That's amazing!, What? Who's Asimov? Samuel Butler, Jack Williamson? Never heard of them!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

If you tell people a thing often enough and are not careful, you can come to believe it yourself. ;)

"Kevin is a hack. Kevin is a hack! Kevin IS A HACK!"

Of course, some things really are true, to begin with. :D
orald

Post by orald »

I thought the USa only got involved in Vietnam in '65, that's when FH already published Dune, so the actual writing would be beforehand.
Besides, there's no shortage of guerilla warfare in desert environments well before that.

Oh, and KJA, I hope Bin Muad'Laden comes and help liberate you from your depressing imperial surroundings in his grand Fremen jihad. :roll:

Ain't it marvallous how all the self righteous leftists would gladly hug terrorists when if those same camel-bangers won, they'll chop off their heads as the infidels they are? :wink:

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Vietnam started escalating in '65, but we were there as far back as '58, IIRC.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

I'm a leftist, doesn't mean I like terrorism. I just acknowledge that a lot more countrie's "military actions" qualify as terrorism than the ones we hear about every day. 911 really made alot of people in the West think that it was the worst terrorist act ever. I'm not one of those people. Anyways this doesn't have anything to do with this thread, I don't know how we got on this topic exactly.
orald

Post by orald »

Omphalos wrote:Vietnam started escalating in '65, but we were there as far back as '58, IIRC.
Those were only, uh, advisors, no? Troops only arrived in '65, I believe after the French(?) got hit hard.
AToE wrote:I'm a leftist, doesn't mean I like terrorism.
Then I'm not talking about you, am I? :wink:
God Emperor Orald wrote:self righteous leftists
That's what I'm talking about. People who're oblivious to what their muslim buddies are actually fighting for...a very annoying thing here in Israel BTW. Try to think more like Michael Moore and his ilk.
Anyways this doesn't have anything to do with this thread, I don't know how we got on this topic exactly.
It's all KJA's fault with his shit-poor analogy to the war in Iraq(Gee, what about the soviet invasion to Afganistan and all sorts of other stuff? No, FH clearly foresaw Iraq :roll: ).

loremaster

Post by loremaster »

Words fail me. I hadnt seen this thread about becoming a tetralogy.

I cannot believe they're even going to ATTEMPT to write about the early machinations of the god emperor.

KJA, with a lifetime of preparation and a dozen of his hand-chosen "proof-readers" simply do not possess this skill to write the depth of plot which is worthy of Leto. I really cannot believe he's arrogant enough to try.

A little bit of skill, like a little bit of knowledge, is dangerous.

I agree with freak and eternity who simply didnt imagine he could mean Leto II.

Chig - will you start some threads where we try to guess plotlines, so we can spoil the upcomings? I enjoyed that :)
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!
orald

Post by orald »

loremaster wrote:Words fail me. I hadnt seen this thread about becoming a tetralogy.
The mind shrinks away from the Terror, eh? :wink:
loremaster wrote:Chig - will you start some threads where we try to guess plotlines, so we can spoil the upcomings? I enjoyed that :)
He has, on his blog. But it wouild be nice to copy those ideas over here so it could be viewed better.

Arr! Space pirates! Avast ye, slig eating landlubber! :D

Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:
loremaster wrote:Chig - will you start some threads where we try to guess plotlines, so we can spoil the upcomings? I enjoyed that :)
He has, on his blog. But it wouild be nice to copy those ideas over here so it could be viewed better.

Arr! Space pirates! Avast ye, slig eating landlubber! :D
I can't wait! :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I've already copied them to MySpace.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're seeing the humor. :shock: