Dune Novels

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I will admit, when I was listening to a bit of his speech yesterday on the radio, I kept imagining him saying "mein fuhrer" during every pause.

And I kept imagining Werner Klemperer as Col. Klink doing the talking.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh yeah, those pictures are great. There have been tons of those around the net. I know I've seen some really good ones. It is kinda creepy in a way. The resemblance is uncanny :)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Wow, I just was over at DN again, and through some peoples mockery of Sadworms I caught a glimse of the plot - I must say that I'm gonna have to read that thing just for laughs (not pay for it though). If that's (norma saves the day) actually how the seires ends, Pinky and the Brian couldn't have gone farther off the mark from what FH would have done. FH would have had the humans LOOSE COMPLETELY before he would have written some gimicky free pass bullshit cliche makingofthekwisatzhaderachpointless peice of shit ending like that. Sorry about the language.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Though I didn't enjoy the Legends series and had a hard time accepting Hunters as canon, Sandworms is the only novel of P&B where I actually felt angry with myself for having read such blasphemy.

Unfortunately, I was only fooling myself into thinking that Sandworms could possibly end the Dune series well... I read the leaked wikipedia entry and still decided to read Sandworms. I feel ashamed :oops:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Wow, I just was over at DN again, and through some peoples mockery of Sadworms I caught a glimse of the plot - I must say that I'm gonna have to read that thing just for laughs (not pay for it though). If that's (norma saves the day) actually how the seires ends, Pinky and the Brian couldn't have gone farther off the mark from what FH would have done. FH would have had the humans LOOSE COMPLETELY before he would have written some gimicky free pass bullshit cliche makingofthekwisatzhaderachpointless peice of shit ending like that. Sorry about the language.
Have you listened to the podcasts, yet? Chiggy Hour? :twisted: We cover most of the "interesting" material. (The full revised text of Ch 1-3 are on my blog as well :twisted: )
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

(Off-topic: Podcast tech notes)

Post by SandChigger »

(Hey, the new headsets came in but I didn't have a chance yesterday to play with the set up. Could be fun, tho! Yeah, gettin' chiggy wit' it! :D )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

none of this will matter when we are famous singers
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

Well, I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that to happen to me. ;)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Mr. Teg wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Wow, I just was over at DN again, and through some peoples mockery of Sadworms I caught a glimse of the plot - I must say that I'm gonna have to read that thing just for laughs (not pay for it though). If that's (norma saves the day) actually how the seires ends, Pinky and the Brian couldn't have gone farther off the mark from what FH would have done. FH would have had the humans LOOSE COMPLETELY before he would have written some gimicky free pass bullshit cliche makingofthekwisatzhaderachpointless peice of shit ending like that. Sorry about the language.
Have you listened to the podcasts, yet? Chiggy Hour? :twisted: We cover most of the "interesting" material. (The full revised text of Ch 1-3 are on my blog as well :twisted: )
No, what is it you do? Where is it?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

"...Dizzy and nauseated ..."

Outstanding!!!!!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Anyone else getting this error message from DN?
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /data/5/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/5/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/5/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

...or am I finally banned?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I'm getting the same error.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

same here
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:Anyone else getting this error message from DN?

IDK, I've never registered or looked for more than a minute at their forums. It's like a rabbi posting regularly on a KKK site. :?

Freakzilla wrote:...or am I finally banned?
Of course not, I'm still working on that, take-overs don't come easy, you know.

Oh, you mean on DN? Uh, sure you're not banned, buddy. :oops:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Me too. I wonder if Hyppo screwed up that site now too?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

You never know, and would that be some form of redemption?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's back now. :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

You know, this thread actually prompted me to look over there, and that's 10 minutes of my life that I'd like back.

HOWEVER, I don't think DN is the worst. Once upon a time I thought I'd read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.. Let's just say that Robert Jordan is a genius compared to Goodkind's Ryndian/Objectivist bullshit. Anyway, the "official" board for this stuff does not allow ANY discussion of books other than Sword of Truth books. For realz. If you try, your posts will be deleted, like within 15 minutes, and repeated offenders are permanently banned. The level of blind, rapturous fellation of Goodkinds work is astounding, much more so than at DN. It really is pretty sick.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Blind, rapturous fellation? :shock:

You've been perving KJA's MySpace page, haven't you?! :D
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Blind, rapturous fellation? :shock:

You've been perving KJA's MySpace page, haven't you?! :D
You mean this blowjob?
You're totally awesome! I am humbled by your tremendous creativity, your never-ending realm of imagination, and I eternally grateful to be living in the same century with you! I cannot wait to read the new series, and I am saying this while I’m still loving every word of the last book in the Saga of the Seven Suns series. I have “infected” everybody in my family with your writings, and now they’re addicted, and I have to send them your books as soon as they come out, because they don’t get them there (in Switzerland) until 6 months later. Thank you!
(pukin smiley multiplied by the power of 2 grillion)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

That quote is the edited version. The full version reads -
You're totally awesome! I am humbled by your tremendous creativity, your never-ending realm of imagination, and I eternally grateful to be living in the same century with you! I cannot wait to read the new series, and I am saying this while I’m still loving every word of the last book in the Saga of the Seven Suns series. I have “infected” everybody in my family with your writings, and now they’re addicted, and I have to send them your books as soon as they come out, because they don’t get them there (in Switzerland) until 6 months later. Thank you!

Love and Kisses from your number one fan
Brian Herbert
orald

Post by orald »

Well, he sure did have to infect them for it.

Why do I have an image of Resident Evil zombies shuffeling in the streets, moaning "Brainssss...we losssst our brainssss"? :shock:

If this was about Brian Herbert I'd have mentioned the RvB PSA about zombie plans. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Rakis wrote:You mean this blowjob?
:lol:

That is just ONE among many, unfortunately.

I loved that "eternally grateful to be living in the same century with you!" THAT was choice A-grade USDA-approved suction.

What's really sad about it, though, is that before reading that I'd had a really favorable impression of the Swiss. :(
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:What's really sad about it, though, is that before reading that I'd had a really favorable impression of the Swiss. :(
Half the population, SC... :cry:
~Pink Snowman