I've been banned!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Like I said, they scour the internet for that crap. TAU and Jacurutu are also rather obvious targets for their monitoring.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

chanilover wrote:I think I vaguely remember a reference to primitives in one of FH's books, but I might be wrong.
Lucilla slowed her pace to watch a passerby step into the alleyway and pass a coin to the proprietor, then lean into a concave basin made brilliant by the lights. The proprietor stared back at Lucilla. She saw a man with a narrow dark face, the face of a Caladanian primitive on a body only slightly taller than that of a Tleilaxu Master. There had been a look of contempt on his brooding face as he took the customer's money.

The customer lifted his face from the basin with a shudder and then left the alley, staggering slightly, his eyes glazed.

Lucilla recognized the device. Users called it a hypnobong and it was outlawed on all of the more civilized worlds.
I have a feeling the word isn't used in the same way at all, though.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

No.. I don't think so either. Once again, the BIGGEST DUNE FANS IN THE WORLD, have misunderstood a passage from the originals.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

At this point, it might be easier to try to cover sections in the original six books that they DO seem to understand.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I know they liked Frank's description of explosions.

But I wonder why they obsessed about such portions of minor significance?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

GamePlayer wrote:I know they liked Frank's description of explosions.

But I wonder why they obsessed about such portions of minor significance?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Because the real story and ideas they don't understand. Remeber kevin saying he was angry that Frank didn't include the truly awesome Jihad battles in Dune Messiah?

Rob
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Robspierre wrote:Remeber kevin saying he was angry that Frank didn't include the truly awesome Jihad battles in Dune Messiah?
A perfect example of how FH (along with many other authors with an ounce of talent) understood that it can be very effective to have some action occur off-stage. Hell, the concept was good enough for Shakespeare, for crying out loud.

But not the Hiking Hack, no way. Any chance to describe a bitchin' battle is not to be missed.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Yeah, I know. I was just being a sarcastic smart ass asking a rhetorical question :)

It is shocking how little KJA and BH understand Dune, a vibe I'm sadly getting from the people behind the new Dune adaptation as well. It's tragic that the pair writing Dune sequels and prequels haven't the slightest idea what Dune was really about beyond what was served to them on a silver platter of obviousness.

It's like obsessing over a sequel to Blade Runner where we learn how Deckard's gun was made or an Akira prequel that tells about the sordid history of Kaneda's iconic motorbike. Talk about totally missing the point!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:I ve sent a PM to Spice Granson yesterday asking him about why I ve been banned, and this afternoon I receive the answer from him:

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

"favorite passages??? Paul never liked the Jihad! And he never omitted that from his direct headeds! It is in the firsts chapters of Dune Messiah, where he discuss with Stilgar and Korba about the Jihad!

fuckers."

Calling the authors "fuckers" goes beyond disrespect, I think. Don't you?

finally I discovery why I ve been banned. Yep, he is right. I was disrespectful.

I trully didnt remember that I wrote that word. But I remenber that I was very mad when I ended my reading of the first chapter of PoD. It was probably because of that I let my hands write "fuckers".

I finished the chapter revolted about how it was so bad written, with a big inconsistency (Skull tomb) and with a lot of misinterpretations of what was the Jihad of Muad'dib.

I'm still agaisnt the new book, and the will of "new writers" to continue the duniverse. I know I wasnt right to use this bad work. But it was my felling, unhapply.

Well, once more , thank byron to answer me.
Don't forget to mention that this was a post of yours from here that got you banned, not a post at DN. DN doesn't even let you use the word fuck.
Now that's beyond retarded. I'd heard about this behavior from Byron,
but seeing it in action is just fucking ridiculous. This "policy" of the HLP
goes against everything that literature and free speech stand for. What a
fucking tool. And don't even give me this "disrespect" excuse. The HLP
has eight books out that are immeasurably more disrespectful to anybody
with half a brain than a fucking curse word.

Zig Heil, HLP, welcome to Amerika!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:Yeah, I know. I was just being a sarcastic smart ass asking a rhetorical question :)

It is shocking how little KJA and BH understand Dune, a vibe I'm sadly getting from the people behind the new Dune adaptation as well. It's tragic that the pair writing Dune sequels and prequels haven't the slightest idea what Dune was really about beyond what was served to them on a silver platter of obviousness.

It's like obsessing over a sequel to Blade Runner where we learn how Deckard's gun was made or an Akira prequel that tells about the sordid history of Kaneda's iconic motorbike. Talk about totally missing the point!
:laughing: :laughing:

silver platter of obviousness...It was left in the bank deposit, they just tooked the "notes"...
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

GamePlayer wrote:Yeah, I know. I was just being a sarcastic smart ass asking a rhetorical question :)

And that's exactly why i'm sad for newcomers to be introduced to this wrong Dune, it's like reading les miserables with the characters doing john woo standoffs and delivering cheese and obtuse punchlines.
To quote from Yahtzee's video review of E3, "the dialogue is still going to be so bad that every single line helds you off of the experience like you're on a fucking trebuchet".
A nice work of literature with actual meaning that's now being vandalized by a bunch of pretentious middle aged men trying to glorify their egos through sales of awkawrd shitty novels with the name Dune on it. Worse of all, their occupying space in the shelves of book stores that should be used to harbor real literature.
We really need to gather all the dune fan forum comunities, make an unofficial website and spread the thruth about the shit thats raining from the HLP :evil:

By the way Lisan. If some teen punk hits your car on purpose with an object wouldnt you call them "Fucking pricks" or something? Considering how much you love Dune and what those fuckers ('cause thats what they are) are doing your action is not without good reason. And since the authors are already disrespecting FH's work, the answer "fuckers" is too lean.
The thing is Byron is out to clean the place on the simplest of reasons, to remove all the reviews and opinions against everything HLP. There is no freedom of speech there and that place is now solelly for the purpose of marketing this shit they publish under the guise of "novels".
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

We really need to gather all the dune fan forum comunities, make an unofficial website and spread the thruth about the shit thats raining from the HLP
You're there.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
We really need to gather all the dune fan forum comunities, make an unofficial website and spread the thruth about the shit thats raining from the HLP
You're there.

:twisted:
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

I dont have any new answer from Byron until now :?
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:I ve sent a PM to Spice Granson yesterday asking him about why I ve been banned, and this afternoon I receive the answer from him:

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

"favorite passages??? Paul never liked the Jihad! And he never omitted that from his direct headeds! It is in the firsts chapters of Dune Messiah, where he discuss with Stilgar and Korba about the Jihad!

fuckers."

Calling the authors "fuckers" goes beyond disrespect, I think. Don't you?

finally I discovery why I ve been banned. Yep, he is right. I was disrespectful.

I trully didnt remember that I wrote that word. But I remenber that I was very mad when I ended my reading of the first chapter of PoD. It was probably because of that I let my hands write "fuckers".

I finished the chapter revolted about how it was so bad written, with a big inconsistency (Skull tomb) and with a lot of misinterpretations of what was the Jihad of Muad'dib.

I'm still agaisnt the new book, and the will of "new writers" to continue the duniverse. I know I wasnt right to use this bad work. But it was my felling, unhapply.

Well, once more , thank byron to answer me.
Kinda Hypocritical if you ask me. I mean KJA and the HLP don't have any respect at all for Dune. You know, other than the cash they can make destroying it. Prove me wrong. (Oh i guess calling the OH's Talifan's isn't as bad as calling the Author's Fuckers. Cause everyone knows Fucker's are worse than Religious Terrorists. No disrespect meant there at all. Especially from one who hides behind his wall of 700-page fan-fic dead tree bricks) Yeah and i know i opened my own can of worms with my "burn the books" thread.

C'mon Byron, seriously. You know why we are angry. I don't understand how the HLP's motive here can be anything other than pure profit. You know we would buy the books and sell them for you if the authors put half a damn into fact-checking and trying in the least to stay on message with Frank. Even if they tried to prove him wrong with a half-thought out argument as to why Heroes are actually good for a society, we'd have more respect for the attempt. But hiring (and I still believe he approached you guys first) a one man-sweatshop for F-grade fan-fic and churning out pulp every year? Who doesn't fact-check or blatantly disrespects plot elements just to put in some self-jacked out flash.

Oh, and publish the effin notes. Seriously. That would shut about half of us up for good, if they actually exist in the way that you guys have been spouting them. If they don't exist? well heck, its not like its going to change our attitude, and it won't stop you from publishing and selling more Dune books now will it?

It would be nice to get an official response from the HLP and the authors. C'mon Byron, if you come to us in a civil manner and explain your half of the argument, you know...most...of us will respond in a civil manner back.

Banning us en masse for things we didn't say on your forum is a weaselly move.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

That's the thing, even if they published the notes and it turned out that the Hack deviated greatly from them, we'd still be happier and quieter than we are now. At least we'd know what FH had intended, since right now we really have no fucking clue.
Frybread

Re: I've been banned!

Post by Frybread »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:Oh, fuck!

I'm banned from DN!! But why??

I never insult anyone! And I never insult byron or the "new writers". This is a harassment from the admin. Only because i'm OH.

shit.

If anyone could now why he done that, I would be pleased.

I'm in that forum for two years, man! I always was respectful.

it was really unfare.
Don't feel bad, Lisan, I also was banned for pointing out the absurdities in BH and KJA's teen novels, like the FTL and no time dilation nonsense or the total crap that was "Sandworms of Dune." Like you, I also was respectful, but I guess Byron wants to remove anybody who doesn't like BH and KJA from DN to make way for the upcoming "Paul of Dune."
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:That's the thing, even if they published the notes and it turned out that the Hack deviated greatly from them, we'd still be happier and quieter than we are now. At least we'd know what FH had intended, since right now we really have no fucking clue.
They will <b>NEVER</b> release those notes because they would show how far off from FH's original intent for Dune 7 BH and KJA were. IMO.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Exactly. They have no reason to publish (release the notes) at all.
Last edited by SandChigger on 19 Aug 2008 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

They haven't released the outline because Brian hasn't perfected Frank's handwritting yet.

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:They haven't released the outline because Brian hasn't perfected Frank's handwritting yet.

Don't you mean Kevin hasn't perfecetd Frank's handwriting, since he probably does all the writing between he and Brian.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:They haven't released the outline because Brian hasn't perfected Frank's handwritting yet.

Don't you mean Kevin hasn't perfecetd Frank's handwriting, since he probably does all the writing between he and Brian.
ZING! :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Anathema

Post by Anathema »

I tried to sign up at dunenovels, but I never got my confirmation email. When I checked the memberlist it turned out my account wasn't even there anymore.

Thank you for registering, indeed :?
I'll try again and see what happens.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Serkanner wrote:Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:
Like I've said in another thread, I think Byron is getting rid of the BH and KJA critics for the upcoming release of "Paul of Dune." This is evidence to me that they know what they will release is crap and will not be liked by many fans of the original series.