KJASF Ground Zero

Re: posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Post by SandChigger »

Yes. Every day. :dance:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I just went slumming it to see if there's anything over there to add to this thread and that was painful. :sleeping-blue: :sleeping-boring: :sleeping-drool: :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-yellow: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blahyellow:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I use "view new posts" because of the cross-thread off-topic conversations
(like this one, which also has nothing to do with Merritt deleting posts,
and only revived because an asshat posted (off-topic) in it)

so you kids make me read every thread, whether the actual topic-title is
relevant to my interests or not, because someone might get called an
asshat, and I'd miss it ...

as to the sticky thing, Nipples has a point - I'd still like to see someone
who knows the whole story from way back do an OH History thread,
with links to relevant threads; so that when the lost souls wander in
from the bled, we don't have to go over the high points every time -

ie the Arrakeen Coup, Freakbannings, the HLPs various lies about the notes, &etc.

why Brian is afraid to fly and doesn't use the internet and the time he shit himself,
the Spanish Dune Film Travesty, upside down covers, the Amazon Wars, and so forth ...

Talifan, yes Keith only has one "going-out" Jacket, the intercepted email that proved
that the Jacket itself was in fact the ranking member of the Living Herbert Parasites,
and also a small glossary of OH-coined terms .... "Freakbanning", "pretard", "asshat
pickle fucker" ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sounds like we need to hire an archivist... :?

Whoa ... I bet that's an idea that never occurred to the Herbert Braintrust! :laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Talos Aquinas

Post by Talos Aquinas »

SandChigger wrote:Sounds like we need to hire an archivist... :?
You rang?
I sing the body electric...
And if the body were not the soul, what is the soul?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

say, where you been ?

there's a lot of crazy talk going on over in that "Can a machine be conscious ?" thread ...

go bust some heads ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:I use "view new posts" because of the cross-thread off-topic conversations
(like this one, which also has nothing to do with Merritt deleting posts,
and only revived because an asshat posted (off-topic) in it)

so you kids make me read every thread, whether the actual topic-title is
relevant to my interests or not, because someone might get called an
asshat, and I'd miss it ...

as to the sticky thing, Nipples has a point - I'd still like to see someone
who knows the whole story from way back do an OH History thread,
with links to relevant threads; so that when the lost souls wander in
from the bled, we don't have to go over the high points every time -

ie the Arrakeen Coup, Freakbannings, the HLPs various lies about the notes, &etc.

why Brian is afraid to fly and doesn't use the internet and the time he shit himself,
the Spanish Dune Film Travesty, upside down covers, the Amazon Wars, and so forth ...

Talifan, yes Keith only has one "going-out" Jacket, the intercepted email that proved
that the Jacket itself was in fact the ranking member of the Living Herbert Parasites,
and also a small glossary of OH-coined terms .... "Freakbanning", "pretard", "asshat
pickle fucker" ....
We may as well just have one thread, huh? It's an administrative nightmare.

(I'd be willing to put in my two cents on the OH history thing. At least the spaces between blackouts.)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

The OH History would be laugh out loud funny. Say, can anyone get hold of that guy who ran House Atreides so we can salvage the best bits from there? I'd happily contribute, as Arrakeen falling apart was all my fault, courtesy of a little help from Britney's bum. Well, according to that bucket-arsed degenerate Hyppo it was, anyway.

I think it all started the day Sandchigger was banned from Dunenovels...
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

chanilover wrote:I think it all started the day Sandchigger was banned from Dunenovels...
that sounds like a good start :lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Thinking about it, it's true. He was banned, we (i.e. the members of Dunenovels who didn't have shit either between our ears or over our tongues) were appalled, we migrated to Arrakeen (the first stop of our very own Zensunni Wanderings), encoutnered the Hag Of Many Faces And Malodorous Vagine, were hounded out and denied the Hajj by her, moved to The Undeleted, which was renamed The (Almost) Undeleted after Hyppo left there in a hissy fit and deleted her posts, spiralled onto Sandchigger's blog, followed by Hyppo (again!), and then this site was started by Freak.

There was some Dune stuff in amongst all that as well, apparently.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

chanilover wrote:Thinking about it, it's true. He was banned, we (i.e. the members of Dunenovels who didn't have shit either between our ears or over our tongues) were appalled, we migrated to Arrakeen (the first stop of our very own Zensunni Wanderings), encoutnered the Hag Of Many Faces And Malodorous Vagine, were hounded out and denied the Hajj by her, moved to The Undeleted, which was renamed The (Almost) Undeleted after Hyppo left there in a hissy fit and deleted her posts, spiralled onto Sandchigger's blog, followed by Hyppo (again!), and then this site was started by Freak.
That's a pretty good summary right there for those of us that missed all of that.

I still can't believe I missed Hypatia; she sounds ... unique. I think she and I had about one week of cross-over here, but that was about it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: I always wondered what the story was behind T(A)U's name, I half-thought it was just gibberish meant to spell Tau!
lotek

Post by lotek »

The
almost
Unexplained

?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That's the story alright, however Chig's blog was established before T(A)U, IIRC. I called the place "The Undeleted" in response to Byron's constant deletions of our posts over at DN. I'm pretty sure the irony of that was lost on him.

I renamed it five seconds after I banned Hyppo.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Don't forget that there was the 1st DN board. That boardserver.superstats one that actually had MrAnderson right in the URL (Uncie Mike). That place was shit. Then Byron spend a week jumping into every thread telling people not to post there anymore and move to the new board. I can only find one archived version of that page. There was a thread with Omar being an idoit; someone talking about Rhombur and that's about it. I would like to find the Runaway Train thread (was that where Crysknife came up with the side dish analogy for the Butlerian Jihad?).

Then we found out that the "new and improved" Dune Novels board had auto-pruning turned on and we ended up losing a bunch of posts that way. Then Tyrant and Omar were converted.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:Then Tyrant and Omar were converted.
Yea. Right.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:Don't forget that there was the 1st DN board. That boardserver.superstats one that actually had MrAnderson right in the URL (Uncie Mike). That place was shit. Then Byron spend a week jumping into every thread telling people not to post there anymore and move to the new board. I can only find one archived version of that page. There was a thread with Omar being an idoit; someone talking about Rhombur and that's about it. I would like to find the Runaway Train thread (was that where Crysknife came up with the side dish analogy for the Butlerian Jihad?).

Then we found out that the "new and improved" Dune Novels board had auto-pruning turned on and we ended up losing a bunch of posts that way. Then Tyrant and Omar were converted.
I was banned from the original DN BBS it's first day open.

Thank you very much.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Do you remember what your comment was, Freak? The one that got you banned?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Do you remember what your comment was, Freak? The one that got you banned?
Something about BH & KJA being talentless hacks, but not as nice. I don't remember exactly.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Freakzilla wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Don't forget that there was the 1st DN board. That boardserver.superstats one that actually had MrAnderson right in the URL (Uncie Mike). That place was shit. Then Byron spend a week jumping into every thread telling people not to post there anymore and move to the new board. I can only find one archived version of that page. There was a thread with Omar being an idoit; someone talking about Rhombur and that's about it. I would like to find the Runaway Train thread (was that where Crysknife came up with the side dish analogy for the Butlerian Jihad?).

I was banned from the original DN BBS it's first day open.

Thank you very much.
Haha, I remember that! I always thought it was wierd that you were banned for saying pretty much the same things I was saying.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Byron's early tactics. Separate one from the herd, bring him down and hang his head on a pike so the others fall in line.

I guess that didn't work out so well, huh?

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:laughing:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

good job guys, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about, done very Jacurutu-style ...

another point in favor of this thread's stickiness ...

duke: I think you can still get a taste of Hyppo at C.H.-Tabr, 8am-5pm CST, or whenever the
public library is open up there ...

now somebody tell the "C.H." story, I gotta go fight sow thistle in the little field so we can get some
milo planted this weekend ....
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think that should start with the story of Arrakeen. Crystknife could probably tell that better than me,but I'll give it a try...

Arrakeen was founded by a 13-year-old called Baron of the Mice, but he was hardly ever there, Hypatia and Edric were the other admins and later me and Crystknife were added as moderators and admins, as well as a couple others along the way. I'm not sure why, it had a small regular membership. I was eventually made an admin when I took over the reading group.

However, with Byron's liberal use of the ban-stick it became a refuge for those banned from DN and a hotbed for anti-DN/KJA-BH criticism. Although it was pretty lax before, Hypatia seemed to think this would be a good time to start enforcing the letter of the law in the forum and began suspending and banning people. Me and Crystknife were against this, pointing out that our newfound wealth of memberships came from DN where they were being censored and this was not a good time for her to be putting her foot down. Things came to a head when me and Crystknife were discussing ways to overthrow her tyrannical rule and decided that he was going to send Baron of the Mice and email asking him to do something about her heavy-handedness. He sent the email via the forum and Hypatia intercepted it. That's when she suspended me and I believe banned him. Eventually activity dropped to nothing and the forum died.

Omphalos decided to fire up a server with his brother and offered me the space on it for Jacurutu. The rest, as they say, is history.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I was debating over at T(A)U whether or not I should expand the Dune forums. I had (and still have) only one. At the time people were flooding out of Arrakeen, vowing never to go back. TU had already been set up as a general SF forum; essentially as a web home for the FHSS page, and whatever other projects I decided to work on. I also intended it to be an OH refugee, or a place where OH'ers could post as they like without fear of being censored. But with Arrakeen now verboten and DN a wasteland of stupidity, a need for a real Dune board presented itself. I opened a topic on it at TU - might have been T(A)U at that time - and Freak said that he dreamed about running his own Dune site. I asked him if he wanted a section of T(A)U to run on his own w/o interference from me - I thought at the time that it would be best to keep everyone at one place, and some agreed but not all - but Freak preferred having his own URL. So Ragabash set up the board and gave it to Freak to run as he sees fit. T(A)U stayed the way I intended it, though the clubhouse did come after Jacurutu was established. Freak wanted a place that was open to everyone. With that criteria the need for a pure OH forum still existed, so I set it up. I think its worked out very well. Jacurutu has its purpose. T(A)U has its, and everyone who needs to know knows.

Goodnight Golden Path!