posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandRider wrote:in the on-going saga of "Paul's Memory" , this week's highlights :
Merrit wrote:Worse according to you and the other OHers(sic). But not so for those who enjoy PAUL OF DUNE, including Library Journal, Booklist, and Publisher's Weekly, some of the top rated review sources in the nation.
Nekhrun wrote:Got it. Those who enjoy that book think those were actual reviews and most don't. I'm still suprised that someone like yourself who writes reviews doesn't see the difference between one of your reviews and one of those.
Merrit wrote:Certainly there's a difference. But you've gotta remember that these big review houses receive literally thousands of books per month and then they have to decide which ones to review, then which ones to give long versus short reviews. The old "so many books, so little time" theory applies to them, I'm sure.
and then, today:
Simon wrote:I just don't understand why people feel the need to "demand confession!".
What is, is. It's plain to see. What "possible difference" could a public statement make? The books would still be. And, semantics aside, nothing would change. Would BH and KJA's admission of (fill in the blank with your personal gripe) make everything better? No. Denials and confirmations are all silliness and truly irrelevant. The books speak for themselves. If they don't speak to you, or worse grate on your sense, then no defense will ever suffice. So why keep asking for the impossible? These "answers".
Tempted to reply to that one, but it ain't worth it - in 3 days I'll be at 50 days since last post and and that will be more satisfying than any "discussion" over there :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

do ya get a Chip for that ?

god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ...
uh ... damn ... forgot ... Hey Arnie !! what's that next line ??
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

DuneFishUK wrote:
SandRider wrote:in the on-going saga of "Paul's Memory" , this week's highlights :
Merrit wrote:Worse according to you and the other OHers(sic). But not so for those who enjoy PAUL OF DUNE, including Library Journal, Booklist, and Publisher's Weekly, some of the top rated review sources in the nation.
Nekhrun wrote:Got it. Those who enjoy that book think those were actual reviews and most don't. I'm still suprised that someone like yourself who writes reviews doesn't see the difference between one of your reviews and one of those.
Merrit wrote:Certainly there's a difference. But you've gotta remember that these big review houses receive literally thousands of books per month and then they have to decide which ones to review, then which ones to give long versus short reviews. The old "so many books, so little time" theory applies to them, I'm sure.
and then, today:
Simon wrote:I just don't understand why people feel the need to "demand confession!".
What is, is. It's plain to see. What "possible difference" could a public statement make? The books would still be. And, semantics aside, nothing would change. Would BH and KJA's admission of (fill in the blank with your personal gripe) make everything better? No. Denials and confirmations are all silliness and truly irrelevant. The books speak for themselves. If they don't speak to you, or worse grate on your sense, then no defense will ever suffice. So why keep asking for the impossible? These "answers".
Tempted to reply to that one, but it ain't worth it - in 3 days I'll be at 50 days since last post and and that will be more satisfying than any "discussion" over there :)
I just did with this...
I wrote:I get what you are saying. But why have a discussion board at all then if "What is, is"? Just read the books and be happy. There's certainly no discussion in relation to the new books that has any kind of depth to it. Check out the threads about Frank's books. It would take you days to cover the meanings. Every thread about the new books either states how awesome they are (no reasons really listed) or how they contradict Frank's books.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But, really, what Simon posted isn't surprising given his general "everything's cool, you got your opinion, I got mine" attitude.

This isn't really a candidate for deletion, but it tickled me none the less:
BobaMatt on DN wrote:On computers in Heighliners: I think they don't need them because the Heighliners are not, in fact, very complicated ships. If you have trouble imagining it, both the movies pretty much got it right: Heighliners are huge hollow tubes that other spaceships enter for transport.
:shock:

:lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I hate him based solely on his name... :evil:

Tick wrote:This isn't really a candidate for deletion, but it tickled me none the less:
no, you put it in the right thread - this is posts I think should be deleted
because they're stupid as fuck (which really is more the reason I'd
want them left there, I suppose) as opposed to the other thread, posts
I think will be deleted because they contradict reality.

unless I'm in the wrong thread again ...

wait, isn't this the Cat Fancy site ? I thought I saw pictures of
cats ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Funny you should mention Cat Fancy.

Me and a friend were deeply disturbed, in a philosophical sense, when we discovered while in high school that such a magazine existed. So we kinda tormented them by mail off and on for a few years. Nothing obscene or violence-threatening or anything like that, of course. We sent them stories and anecdotes supposedly from a nice little old lady named Ima Manx and about her dead pet, Spot The Wonder Cat.

Like...

One day Spot the Wonder Cat was on his way home from chasing birds in the park and turned a corner to find a burning apartment building. A woman in the street being held back by fireman was screaming about her baby, still up on the third floor.

Quickly running up the stairs, Spot the Wonder Cat scratched his way into the abandoned apartment, found the baby's room, jumped up onto the crib and stole the baby's breath before jumping to safety out an open window.

Hmm...guess you kinda had to be there. ;)

We also plagued the nice lady editor at some foreign poetry magazine with bad (original) French poetry and accompanying "translations". One of them was about a little blind boy named Luc who was ostracized by the other children. One line went

Mais il est aveugle.

Which we gleefully "translated" as

Corn, he is blind.

To this day, when I'm back and we're running around and something happens or someone says something that makes no sense at all, we just nod knowingly and say, "Corn...he is blind." ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Nice. Thank you for sharing.
ImageImage

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

DN is the greatest Dune BBS I've ever been a part of.

"Corn... he is blind." :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

We also plagued the nice lady editor at some foreign poetry magazine with bad (original) French poetry and accompanying "translations". One of them was about a little blind boy named Luc who was ostracized by the other children. One line went

Mais il est aveugle.

Which we gleefully "translated" as

Corn, he is blind.

To this day, when I'm back and we're running around and something happens or someone says something that makes no sense at all, we just nod knowingly and say, "Corn...he is blind."
:lol: :lol:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

:puke:
ImageImage

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

So you're posting the little vomiting emoticon in every thread? Is there a post-count award here?

(And, if so, let's make Freak, Chigger, and some others start over)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The multiplicity of reverse peristolysis reflects the true depth of his Halloween drunk.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:The multiplicity of reverse peristolysis reflects the true depth of his Halloween drunk.
...er...i agree... :?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Fictional God in Heaven, you gotta love Simon. :D
I know "what is, is" doesn't mean that's it debate-wise. It just seems like the debate always breaks down at the same old predictable points. You say that there is no discussion of the new books with any depth but that's just not true. I've seen some interesting thoughts in relation to the new stuff in the "Characters" thread. Your to quick to transpose your feelings towards the new material over it's fans. You assume that what we liked you hated (?), many an OHer figures that makes "preqs" total drooling morons and make no secret of this diagnosis. Pretty much at that point what is left to say? I'm a moron? OK, sure, whatever. My enjoyment of NuDune is a red flag which testifies to my failings as a humanbeing. Who wants to talk to someone who wants to put them in a box like that?
He's write. Its much better too be putin a box like this:
Who wants to talk to someone who wants to put them in a box like that?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

that's a keeper.
my favorite is still:
Simon wrote:I got nothing,

be cool, tho, Mandy will be here in
a minute, see that, & call you retarded
:cry:
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

how do you stop the quote box from going all the way across the page if they ain't got nothin' ?
and how do you make them stop saying "OHer" ?
do they also say "BGers" ?

but you know, Barry really did know all that kung-fu stuff ...
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:and how do you make them stop saying "OHer" ?
do they also say "BGers" ?
Patting them on the head while saying, "Oh how cute!" sometimes does the trick.

But evidently nothing short of a full frontal lobotomy will cure them for good.

I was just looking at that "many a ~" pattern again. It's been a while since I've seen or heard that.

Many a moron drools and makes poo in their britches.
Many a moron drool and make poo in their britches.
:?

Yeah the first sounds better, doesn't it?

Barry?
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandRider wrote:Sorry Duke, not quite yet.
CL wrote:I wouldn't suck it with Arnoldo's mouth.
Now that's just a hurtful thing to say. :cry:
You're saying that without ever even seeing
it, much less smelling it.

I would have expected much more openmindedness
from a sophisticated lad like you ....

Frankly, I'm disappointed ..... :(
Does it taste like chicken?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

TheDukester wrote:Argh.

It's shit like this that makes us all look like we're 12 years old.

Whatever; I'm not the Forums Police. You guys have fun; I'm out.
Calm down, princess.

I haven't looked at DN in ages, is anyone still posting there apart from Arnoloco and Pansyass?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Chig wrote:Barry ?
Gibb. BGs. Look, it was 3:40 in the morning, the coritsone shot my ortho surgeon gave me yesterday afternoon was wearing off (does it make sense to you to jab a needle into a man's back, all the way down into the spine, between vertabrae and into the area where the disc material is oozing out and putting pressure on the nerve, then fill that little area with more material ? But I guess it's better than what that fucking Vietnamese refugee'd been doing to me) and I was starting to feel the effects of pain meds and whiskey again, so instead of a provoking a repeat performance of Halloween night, I just logged out & passed out in the hall as usual.
Then SandChigger wrote:Many a moron drools and makes poo in their britches / Many a moron drool and make poo in their britches.Yeah the first sounds better, doesn't it?
I've often wondered about that. Is the subject there plural ? "Many a moron" sounds like it would be referring to more than one. That's kinda confusing and I'm sure that would be a good example for your students to study. I've often heard how difficult English is to learn. It would be Brian drools and makes poo in his britches, but Brian & Byron drool and make poo in Kevin's new car. Hum. Hey, let me know when you get a definitive answer to to this one. PM me in the middle of the night if necessary.
My [i]new[/i] BBF wrote:Does it taste like chicken?
More like old dried up desert lizard (so I've been told) which some people claim tastes just like rattlesnake, which does taste just like chicken, so yes.
Then Chanilad wrote:I haven't looked at DN in ages, is anyone still posting there apart from Arnoloco and Pansyass?
Dunno. Let's go look ! (By the way Merritt, after you blocked, unblocked, reblocked, reunblocked, and tri-blocked this IP, I reported your site to my buddies at the Southern Poverty Law Center and told them I thought you were running a new skinhead site, and trying to hide behind this "Dune" bullshit.)(BTW, before you go all pussy again, there's nothing you can do about that - I know what you think, but you couldn't even begin to speculate on what I truly think) Anyway, no Dear, it's the same five low-grade morons & Nekhrun. The only reason to have a look-see Over There this week was lundse2 stabbing Byron in eye with logic and facts, and he got banned for his efforts. Most of that exhange has been posted here, anyway. Simon went as an OB/GYN to his buddies stag Halloween party (didn't that costume play out in the 60s - new generations, I guess)( It's not all the sockpuppet activity that slows down that site, it's that big-ass background. Page loads up to minute with dial-up & proxy servers)This BobbaMatt guy is trying to play the rational card, poorly. Possibly has read old threads and is respinning basic OH arguments, but with a poor grasp on the concepts. With a name like that, tho.....he's signed up here. I sent him a PM welcoming to the board and stating in no uncertain terms that I, personally, would not tolerate any Star Wars bullshit. But I need a new whipping boy, so come on in ! Hmmm. Nekhrun either hasn't gotten the Word that the War's over, or he doesn't care. Fight on, Brother !

That's all the news. Write back and let us know when you find work. Fall is in the air here, and I found the first deer carcass dumped on my road my asshole hunters. Dangit, I'm late for church now. The bulletin said today's sermon was "Bibical Evidence of Obama's AntiChristness". I emailed my preacher the link to barackobamaeatsbabies.com. He emailed me back :"It is not too late. Jesus can heal you of your drinking. I am praying for you. Please wear appropriate clothing if you join us Sunday morning." Hey, where's that old black Motorhead T-shirt ? In the dog's bed ? Yeah, that'll work.
ImageImage

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

chanilover wrote:Calm down, princess.
You need a new schtick, hon.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandRider wrote:
Chig wrote:Barry ?
Gibb. BGs. Look, it was 3:40 in the morning, the coritsone shot my ortho surgeon gave me yesterday afternoon was wearing off (does it make sense to you to jab a needle into a man's back, all the way down into the spine, between vertabrae and into the area where the disc material is oozing out and putting pressure on the nerve, then fill that little area with more material ? But I guess it's better than what that fucking Vietnamese refugee'd been doing to me) and I was starting to feel the effects of pain meds and whiskey again, so instead of a provoking a repeat performance of Halloween night, I just logged out & passed out in the hall as usual.
Then SandChigger wrote:Many a moron drools and makes poo in their britches / Many a moron drool and make poo in their britches.Yeah the first sounds better, doesn't it?
I've often wondered about that. Is the subject there plural ? "Many a moron" sounds like it would be referring to more than one. That's kinda confusing and I'm sure that would be a good example for your students to study. I've often heard how difficult English is to learn. It would be Brian drools and makes poo in his britches, but Brian & Byron drool and make poo in Kevin's new car. Hum. Hey, let me know when you get a definitive answer to to this one. PM me in the middle of the night if necessary.
My [i]new[/i] BBF wrote:Does it taste like chicken?
More like old dried up desert lizard (so I've been told) which some people claim tastes just like rattlesnake, which does taste just like chicken, so yes.
Then Chanilad wrote:I haven't looked at DN in ages, is anyone still posting there apart from Arnoloco and Pansyass?
Dunno. Let's go look ! (By the way Merritt, after you blocked, unblocked, reblocked, reunblocked, and tri-blocked this IP, I reported your site to my buddies at the Southern Poverty Law Center and told them I thought you were running a new skinhead site, and trying to hide behind this "Dune" bullshit.)(BTW, before you go all pussy again, there's nothing you can do about that - I know what you think, but you couldn't even begin to speculate on what I truly think) Anyway, no Dear, it's the same five low-grade morons & Nekhrun. The only reason to have a look-see Over There this week was lundse2 stabbing Byron in eye with logic and facts, and he got banned for his efforts. Most of that exhange has been posted here, anyway. Simon went as an OB/GYN to his buddies stag Halloween party (didn't that costume play out in the 60s - new generations, I guess)( It's not all the sockpuppet activity that slows down that site, it's that big-ass background. Page loads up to minute with dial-up & proxy servers)This BobbaMatt guy is trying to play the rational card, poorly. Possibly has read old threads and is respinning basic OH arguments, but with a poor grasp on the concepts. With a name like that, tho.....he's signed up here. I sent him a PM welcoming to the board and stating in no uncertain terms that I, personally, would not tolerate any Star Wars bullshit. But I need a new whipping boy, so come on in ! Hmmm. Nekhrun either hasn't gotten the Word that the War's over, or he doesn't care. Fight on, Brother !

That's all the news. Write back and let us know when you find work. Fall is in the air here, and I found the first deer carcass dumped on my road my asshole hunters. Dangit, I'm late for church now. The bulletin said today's sermon was "Bibical Evidence of Obama's AntiChristness". I emailed my preacher the link to barackobamaeatsbabies.com. He emailed me back :"It is not too late. Jesus can heal you of your drinking. I am praying for you. Please wear appropriate clothing if you join us Sunday morning." Hey, where's that old black Motorhead T-shirt ? In the dog's bed ? Yeah, that'll work.
Are you Scummypuke?
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

TheDukester wrote:
chanilover wrote:Calm down, princess.
You need a new schtick, hon.
Your animal name should be "broken record".

My apologies for interrupting the serious business of bitching about people on another board. :lol:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

chanilover wrote:Your animal name should be "broken record".
Pot. Kettle. Black.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

TheDukester wrote:
chanilover wrote:Your animal name should be "broken record".
Pot. Kettle. Black.
What are you talking about? Any time I look at this site there's yet another demented rant from you. You may as well just copy your rants from October and splatter them throughout November, no one would notice.